Author Topic: CTS-printer and tri loc compatibility issues  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
CTS-printer and tri loc compatibility issues
« on: November 21, 2017, 08:40:26 PM »
Came across a locally produced DTS printer. Now I noticed that they had the stop blocks arranged in a way that made me wonder if this will work proper.
They don`t touch the same 3 corners the tri loc pallet stop blocks would touch.
Not sure how to explain but when you load the screen in the printer with the mesh side up, the stop/tri loc blocks touch the 3 lower corners not the 3 upper corners at the mesh side of the frame. Now when taking that screen then to the tri loc pallet I  can imagine that one  might end up with multi color jobs not registering right. In order for that system to work the top and bottom corners would need to be exactly the same, right? Which they are not from what I can see on  our Roller Frames.

Please let me know if I on the right track here.
I have attached a photo that shows the 2 out of 3 frame corners that will hit the stop blocks on the DTS I saw.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:39:52 AM by Rockers »

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: CTS-printer and tri loc compatibility issues
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 06:41:25 AM »
as long as your blocks on the CTS and on the press are in the same spot, it is not an issue. If they are different, the pre-reg wil not be the same. It might be close, but will not be the same.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 09:09:44 AM »
With our rocket launcher, the blocks on the i image were hitting the frame in the same spots as the triloc but not the same height.  What I ended up doing is superglueing some .080 aluminum pieces flat again'st the stops on the triloc pallet so that it would hit the frames at the same height.  It made a difference.  I was about 60 % spot on before and now I'm about 85 to 90 percent.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 11:38:29 AM »
Came across a locally produced DTS printer. Now I noticed that they had the stop blocks arranged in a way that made me wonder if this will work proper.
Not sure how to explain but when you load the screen in the printer with the mesh side up, the stop/tri loc blocks touch the 3 lower corners not the 3 upper corners at the mesh side of the frame. Now when taking that screen then to the tri loc pallet I  can imagine that one  might end up with multi color jobs not registering right. In order for that system to work the top and bottom corners would need to be exactly the same, right? Which they are not from what I can see on  our Roller Frames.

I have attached a photo that shows the 2 out of 3 frame corners that will hit the stop blocks on the DTS I saw.

That's what I was trying to ask on the thread with the awesome DIY triloc clone.  The first modified triloc I ran had issues because of what you are asking about.  Once I made the FPU to replicate the exact location the pallet jig would hit the roller corners only then did we start getting great results.  The height and the position of the roller frame is very important. You are on the right track, in my opinion it was the final touch on our project that made it complete.  Before that we were getting the same results that I got from my 1st wooden prototype and close to the Vastex VRS system we tried 10 years ago.  IT MATTERS.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 06:32:14 PM »

That's what I was trying to ask on the thread with the awesome DIY triloc clone.  The first modified triloc I ran had issues because of what you are asking about.  Once I made the FPU to replicate the exact location the pallet jig would hit the roller corners only then did we start getting great results.  The height and the position of the roller frame is very important. You are on the right track, in my opinion it was the final touch on our project that made it complete.  Before that we were getting the same results that I got from my 1st wooden prototype and close to the Vastex VRS system we tried 10 years ago.  IT MATTERS.
That`s what I thought too. And then I checked our Roller Frames and noticed that indeed the corners are not 100% equal.On some of them the top corner "sticks out" more then the bottom corner and vis versa and of course not by the same margin for all the screens.