Author Topic: DTS CTS I IMAGE TYPE OPTIONS  (Read 6098 times)

Offline downtowntshirts

• Verified/Junior
DTS CTS I IMAGE TYPE OPTIONS
« on: November 23, 2017, 10:56:23 AM »
Hey guys and gals,
I just got a quote on an M&R I image and it hurt my feelings. Currently using trIloc on a sportsman and the results are pretty good. Wondering if going DTS on a trIloc would be a significant improvement over trIloc alone. Also wanted to know if there are any other DTS systems that are less expensive. Seems like an ink jet should not cost so much.  Any brands besides M&R I should look at?
Thanks,
Tom

Offline zanegun08

Re: DTS CTS I IMAGE TYPE OPTIONS
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 01:28:20 PM »
What did you get a quote on?

The i-Image S https://www.mrprint.com/equipment/i-image-s-computer-to-screen-cts-imaging-system I think is in the 30k range.

It is worth it to not have to store and reuse films in itself, among many other advantages (less pin holes, faster exposure, less undercutting, better registration in general, better tri-loc results).

Spyder and Douthitt are both in the 50k range, and then the i-Image STE is there and above.

You could look at something like the FreeStyler http://www.exiletech.com/products/freestyler.html, but even this is just a rebrand of a Chinese made machine (I think), however it probably works, but I would suggest just financing or getting the right thing the first time rather than going entry level and then upgrading later.  There are a few more offerings similar to this, I believe the FreeStyler is like 12k but I could be totally off there so don't quote me on that.

Offline downtowntshirts

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 03:30:44 PM »
Thanks for the response.
Happy thanksgiving.
Tom

Offline downtowntshirts

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 09:05:45 AM »
The quote was on the I image sm 2636-1 I believe btw.
Tom

Offline siestasol

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 09:22:13 AM »
Worth every penny!

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 02:10:26 PM »
M&R I image ST is bulletproof. Turns on every day, prints every day.

Thats priceless for such an integral part of your business.

I just had to replace the heads at about 6K and I didn't even think twice.

You get what you pay for.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 06:50:35 PM »
What did you get a quote on?

The i-Image S https://www.mrprint.com/equipment/i-image-s-computer-to-screen-cts-imaging-system I think is in the 30k range.

It is worth it to not have to store and reuse films in itself, among many other advantages (less pin holes, faster exposure, less undercutting, better registration in general, better tri-loc results).

Spyder and Douthitt are both in the 50k range, and then the i-Image STE is there and above.

You could look at something like the FreeStyler http://www.exiletech.com/products/freestyler.html, but even this is just a rebrand of a Chinese made machine (I think), however it probably works, but I would suggest just financing or getting the right thing the first time rather than going entry level and then upgrading later.  There are a few more offerings similar to this, I believe the FreeStyler is like 12k but I could be totally off there so don't quote me on that.

Actually the FreeStyler is manufactured in Europe. I think the price is around $16,000

Offline downtowntshirts

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 06:58:43 PM »
Hey rockers,
Do you think the freestyler is a fair competitor for the price?

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 09:44:14 AM »
Rockers is correct, last I heard the exile and Lawson version were both made in Italy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
Mobile: +1 630 220 6588
alex@easiway.com

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 09:45:17 AM »
I-image ST is NOT bulletproof. We have had more issues with this machine than all other machines in our facility combined.
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 06:36:00 PM »
Hey rockers,
Do you think the freestyler is a fair competitor for the price?
Give me a couple of weeks, we are testing one at the moment.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 06:07:17 PM »
If you are getting good results with film I would standby for CTS technology to mature. 

The cost:benefit is too low right now for most shops compared to other areas where that cash could be spent. 

The majority of the advantages of CTS can be obtained by using a CTS type workflow with film.  We went from CTS back to film and nobody batted an eye here.

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 06:19:45 PM »
The majority of the advantages of CTS can be obtained by using a CTS type workflow with film.  We went from CTS back to film and nobody batted an eye here.

That's crazy, I would never go back to films and we even had dialed image setter films, but they are a PITA.

You should look into a Wax unit, we've had great experience with our Spyder, which is old technology.

Let's link up at ISS at the Exile booth and you can see how easy the workflow is.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 09:28:36 PM »
I know it sounds nuts!  Personally, I would very much like to still have a CTS in here for a number of reasons.  Operationally, the current models don't bring enough to our shop at the moment. 

This is a very zoomed out viewpoint I'm espousing here.  We simply have other areas that if we spend the same amount in those place the return will be much better and the risk much lower. 

That will change in the next few years I imagine/hope.

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 12:45:38 PM »
Zoo you've got to be the first to go back!

I'm under the mindset that if my shop burned down ( Knock on wood ) I would buy a CHIIID again, and then make an order for a CTS... I agree there are other ways to spend the capital, but a cts makes it sooo easy to produce more....

Id never go back...