Author Topic: DTS CTS I IMAGE TYPE OPTIONS  (Read 6100 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: DTS CTS I IMAGE TYPE OPTIONS
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2017, 01:26:57 PM »
Haha, and I'll be the first to go back to CTS when this technology matures a little.

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 02:48:01 PM »
Hmmm curious as to see what changes you would like to see...

Did you have an I-Image?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2017, 08:37:06 PM »
Hmmm curious as to see what changes you would like to see...

Did you have an I-Image?

It's a general thing, not brand specific. 

Price to value is the change I'd like to see. 

It's all relative to our industry of course- at some point you cross a line where that kind of expenditure will have far higher returns spent elsewhere with far lower risk.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2017, 10:58:38 PM »
Zoo you've got to be the first to go back!

I'm under the mindset that if my shop burned down ( Knock on wood ) I would buy a CHIIID again, and then make an order for a CTS... I agree there are other ways to spend the capital, but a cts makes it sooo easy to produce more....

Id never go back...

NAIL ON THE HEAD!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline downtowntshirts

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2017, 03:34:22 PM »
Allright everyone,
 Thanks to you all for your feedback. I went and looked at an I Image run today in the flesh. I was Impressed with the speed as well as the lack of films, crosshairs etc. When the job went to press it seemed like they got similar results that I get with film and triloc. If anything I think my reg. comes in a little closer than theirs did. They said that they do micro a bit and most times we don't at all. If I pull the trigger on I Image and a Starlight it will set me back about 40K. Does anyone here care to talk me on or off the ledge. It is decision time with the end of the year and possible tax changes coming. Thanks to you all again.
Tom

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 03:47:18 PM »
you don't have to get the starlight.  I still prefer a single point light over the LED array.

Personally, I would skip that and go with the CTS.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 03:58:07 PM »
Having ran both dye based ink and wax dts machines I will never go back to ink. Wax is much better imo
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2017, 08:27:55 PM »
Allright everyone,
 Thanks to you all for your feedback. I went and looked at an I Image run today in the flesh. I was Impressed with the speed as well as the lack of films, crosshairs etc. When the job went to press it seemed like they got similar results that I get with film and triloc. If anything I think my reg. comes in a little closer than theirs did. They said that they do micro a bit and most times we don't at all. If I pull the trigger on I Image and a Starlight it will set me back about 40K. Does anyone here care to talk me on or off the ledge. It is decision time with the end of the year and possible tax changes coming. Thanks to you all again.
Tom

A lot of the "micro"ing, and not needing to at all, has a lot to do with how much registration one builds in. If it's adequate, you might not ever need to micro. If it's tight or butt reg, then you may need to micro.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 08:44:41 PM »
Using the I-Image and tri-Lock today, I did a test pertaining to how much registration and detail I can get away with on our I-Image.  600ppi file, we hold a 1 pixel positive print and a 4 pixel negative print. That positive print is like a hair line. A positive and negative 12 point hairline script font and 7pt Times serif font.  This is printed on a black shirt with a white base and a top color with both on 230 mesh.

The butt registration part looked the best with the 1 pt stroke on the base coming in 2nd.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 08:45:24 PM »
I find that user error plays a large part into reg as well.

We have a I-image, and a challenger 3. If I run a job from burning screens to loading the tri Loc, I can bet on about 95% reg.  Some of the jobs click in perfectly

When I have a press op, and a screen tec, and different hands locking things in, there is more variation.

How hard they pull into the tri loc, how the load the I-image, I try to keep them working on their consistency, but the prefect reg does tend to slip when employees get in there. I find at least.

You get what you put into to it as well. Screen tension, screens holders being in the exact same location, ( Make a jig and have the guys move them periodically)  Equal pressures, level boards, all help to increase the accuracy.

My favourite feature is if a screen pops, you can go and burn a new screen that will lock in damn close, and have it on press in ten minutes....

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 08:48:03 PM »
ffokazak

Exactly.  All true.

Online brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 10:41:02 PM »
Yup. I agree. I met a person at SGIA here in New Orleans that informed me that they have issues due to employees neglecting equipment. It's a very, very large shop. So when a disgruntled employee dunks the tri-locs in the dip tanks yeah you will have issues.

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2017, 07:44:07 AM »
Another overlooked advantage is; if you have to change sequence, no crazy ink cleaning and re-reg.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2017, 10:44:50 AM »
noooooooooooooooooooooooo frigggggggggggggin way I'd go back to films, CTS just makes it all better, faster, and all the good feelings that come along with all that. Started with the epson based I-Image, then went to the I-Image ST, night and day difference going upward. I do wonder about the wax machines at times, but our ST paid for itself, VERY FAST, I just cant see going backwards, at all.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline merchmonster

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2017, 05:38:12 PM »
we've basically doubled our output capacity in large part due to the i-image.
Merch Monster Screen Printing Embroidery and DTG Direct To Garment Printing
Servicing Oakland CA and the Greater San Francisco Bay Area
http://www.merchmonster.net