Author Topic: Rapters Delight  (Read 3639 times)

Offline kdawk27

Rapters Delight
« on: November 23, 2011, 02:24:02 AM »
Performancepsp.com

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
Re: Rapters Delight
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 11:03:50 AM »
Nice! Love it.

How many colors?

Who's the artist?
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 11:05:20 AM »
Nice print

Looks like your art there Scott.  ;)
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 11:07:49 AM »

Thanks Richard, I'm flattered you think so... but no, not mine. A bit better than me, I think. Something to strive for, I guess...

Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com

Offline myseps

• Master Color Separator
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 11:10:25 AM »
This is an entry for the November contest.

Submitted / Printed by Performance Screenprint. Temecula, CA http://performancepsp.com
Artist Brown73 http://brown73.deviantart.com/
Color separation by Scott D. http://myseps.com
11 colors + gel on Royal blue Juvy t-shirt.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:14:00 AM by myseps »
myseps.com color separations by Scott D.   Follow me on facebook

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 11:15:00 AM »
Sweet.

I'd like to know who did the actual illustration.

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 11:15:38 AM »
Oh wait, I see you updated your post. Great!!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 01:26:28 PM »
One thing among a few, is that we need to address the fact that the prints need to be anonymous. So telling us all about this one kind of already makes it a kill joy. I will check with my cohorts on how we are going to handle this one submission on that specific note. Last compition was sort fo flawed in that most everyone knew who'd was who's since they were posted up for display before the competition. Keep that in mind for future post. They are really to be unknowns during the month of the competition.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 02:47:31 PM »
Exceptional... and welcome

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 11:15:20 PM »
nice
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 11:16:02 AM »
One thing among a few, is that we need to address the fact that the prints need to be anonymous. So telling us all about this one kind of already makes it a kill joy. I will check with my cohorts on how we are going to handle this one submission on that specific note. Last compition was sort fo flawed in that most everyone knew who'd was who's since they were posted up for display before the competition. Keep that in mind for future post. They are really to be unknowns during the month of the competition.

Why anonymous? Why would it make a difference knowing who printed something?

The last competition's winner won on the basis of their print more than anything, regardless of knowing who did it. Let's just put it out there.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 11:59:57 AM »
We, (as well as some entrants) are still learning as we go,  but figured that in a perfect world, all entries would be on an absolutely level playing field, each encumbered or helped by past exposure, reputation,  and associations.
Not a totally realizable goal, but the reasoning behind this.

It would definitely be nice when all entries could be seen at the same time, for the first time, by the viewing public.
While anonymity may be overrated by you, it's truly a small issue, as after the contest, entrants would be welcome to run their pics in the "Show your Stuff" section, along with the ensuing threads (and even self promotion, lol!)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 12:18:21 PM »

Thanks Richard, I'm flattered you think so... but no, not mine. A bit better than me, I think. Something to strive for, I guess...

Don't downgrade yourself Scott.  Your art is impeccable and when I first saw this print/post I immediately thought of the dino's you have posted over the years.   

Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 01:10:38 PM »

Don't downgrade yourself Scott.  Your art is impeccable and when I first saw this print/post I immediately thought of the dino's you have posted over the years.

This is true. One thing I noticed over the years, we have so, so many extremely talented artist that are apparel artist working for small company's or just freelancing that go unrecognized for the extreme talent they have. Many think that if you have some big company on your resume that this is a sign of quality and or that you have arrived.  Not so. You can have an artist working for a 400,000 a year company in Smallsville that is a stellar potentially award winning artist that can go all there lives never getting recognize for this outside the company. I think we need to come up with a way to recognize these artist. We are discussing how to handle that over the next month.

Both Richard and Z have come up with some great stuff over the years. I'm sure we have tons of other artist that have plenty to show.
I think we will post up a request for some suggestions later (in another separate post).

Dot-Tone
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850