Author Topic: custom stop blocks for M&R tri loc.  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
custom stop blocks for M&R tri loc.
« on: November 27, 2017, 03:08:27 AM »
We might need some custom stop blocks for our M&R tri loc pallet made. Who would I need to contact at M&R for such a daring endeavor. All I need is for them to be made a lot taller. The contracted part of the stop block needs to be extended in hight by around 3/4 of an inch(see photo). Wondering if M&R would take such a request?

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
Re: custom stop blocks for M&R tri loc.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 07:48:24 AM »
We might need some custom stop blocks for our M&R tri loc pallet made. Who would I need to contact at M&R for such a daring endeavor. All I need is for them to be made a lot taller. The contracted part of the stop block needs to be extended in hight by around 3/4 of an inch(see photo). Wondering if M&R would take such a request?
This is not something we would do.
Rich Hoffman

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 09:10:04 AM »

Sorry for the  blurry pic but this is what I've done.  If you can make it out in the pic, I've superglued a 1" square of .080 aluminum from a sign blank flat against the stop block.  Now, the stops hit my frame 3/8" higher then before.  It made a drastic difference in registration. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Lizard

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 10:10:10 PM »
We have used some metric flat washers to space ours up about 1/16”. Works great.
Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225

Offline downtowntshirts

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 08:11:59 PM »
Can you guys explain the benefit of lifting the blocks up?
Tom

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 08:40:13 AM »
When using roller frames the its better to have the 3 nubs of the corner contacting the entire surface of the block, ESP when using an inverted FPU where the screen is placed upside down on the jig for pre reg, then flipped for the press.