Author Topic: Workhorse Odyssey or Mach?  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Workhorse Odyssey or Mach?
« on: November 28, 2017, 08:07:40 PM »
Recently Workhorse upgraded their entry level Odyssey press with features that in my opinion should have been done on the professional Mach press. Anyone have insider info on why they didn't update the Mach or are they going to in the near future? I contacted Workhorse a couple days ago and haven't heard back from them yet. Trying to narrow down equipment choices for the 1 car garage shop.

Offline BrazosDesigns

Re: Workhorse Odyssey or Mach?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 10:46:19 PM »
I have a 6/6 Mach that is about 10-12 years old.  Good unit, but the new Odyssey looks sweet.  Saw it online yesterday and wondered the same thing: when will the Mach get an update.   My suspicion is that the Mach will have the same upgrades plus a few more bells and whistles.

What I didn't like on the new odyssey is the height of the pallets off of the pallet arm.  Why didn't they just make/use an Action M&R pallet adapter to keep it low.  Thinking that doing sleeves/legs might be problematic getting it to go all the way through.

I've been trying to rig up a way to get aluminum pallets on my workhorse brackets....

If I were you, the new odyssey looks great.  If you don't need a 6/6 all heads down, go for it.  Registration should be a snap with the bearing guides.

BTW - I run a Mach 6/6, Brown 3609 dyer, 23x31" exposure unit, and washout booth in my garage. 

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 10:35:24 PM »
I'm even possibly leaning towards the 4/4 if it saves some space though I do like having 6 colors to be able to setup or leave up a job or two. 99% of my jobs are 1-3 colors.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 10:19:40 AM »
Got word that the Mach series will get the similar updates as the Odyssey early 2018.