Author Topic: New Sprint 3000  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Croft

New Sprint 3000
« on: November 30, 2017, 09:30:19 AM »
So finally have lined all the trades up needed to get my dryer installed , that will be another post!.
  But for now I need some help with dryer settings , I'm coming from an electric dryer so I'm looking for some starting points for temp and belt speeds/ times. If anyone has one
and could share some info that would be appreciated.

as luck would have it I banked on being a bit slower as we have been in the past  at this time but now have a 10K piece order to get done 4 days after the dryer is installed !

What I have : Sprint 3000 38" 10' of heat 200k BTU

100% cotton - ?

100% cotton fleece- ?

50/50 tees- ?

50/50 fleece- ?

wicking fabrics 100% poly using a low cure wilflex epic performance or similar 290* cure temp- ?

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: New Sprint 3000
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 10:33:31 AM »
sprint 2000HO here.  12 foot tunnel.

For cotton and poly blends:  We run at 325 degrees with a ONE MINUTE retention time.  Everything gets cured properly.  Ink cure temp is 320 degrees.

For 100% poly:  Dryer is set at 270 degrees with a ONE MINUTE retention time.  We use One Stroke ELT Series, specifically the ELT-S.  It will cure as low as 250.

We do not have cure issues.

We do not have bleed issues (unless super bad poly then we switch to low temps and black underbase)

With a 12 foot tunnel, this fits our production model just fine.

We also used an Atkins Donut Probe to confirm our cure/retention times.

If you are AT ALL unsure of when your ink layers hit cure temp... Get a donut probe and map the hell out of your dryer.  Test on everything from hoodies to ultra thin t shirts.  Heavy and thin ink deposits.  Test on garments that are coming off the press after 3 flashes... then test on a cold garment with no flashes.... alllll the variables.  Its all about when does the bottom of that ink deposit hit cure temp!

Also, very jelly about the new awesome dryer.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline jupmode

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 01:56:47 PM »
We had a 3000 installed this summer. When it was all set up, the tech helped us establish temperatures and speeds for different inks and garments. Each shop will be a little different for various reasons. This dryer comes with a donut probe so you'll be able to figure this out pretty quickly.

Offline Croft

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 04:15:36 PM »
dryers in , woohoo

Now the fun of getting temp recipes set.

one question for now if I use the probe to find cure temp just doing one shirt at a time will temps / time  change when we load up the belt with production or will it composite well.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 05:59:53 PM »
dryers in , woohoo

Now the fun of getting temp recipes set.

one question for now if I use the probe to find cure temp just doing one shirt at a time will temps / time  change when we load up the belt with production or will it composite well.

The load in the dryer should have minimal effect on that, the dryer recovers and adjusts very fast with what is absorbing heat.  Gas is far superior to infrared in that regard.

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 05:27:26 PM »
why did you go with a 38" when a 60" would allow to run two presses off the same dryer?
I'll probably be purchasing a sprint at Long Beach in a few weeks.  Currently only have one press but I'd hate to regret not getting the wider dryer if/when I ever get a second auto.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 06:55:15 PM »
why did you go with a 38" when a 60" would allow to run two presses off the same dryer?
I'll probably be purchasing a sprint at Long Beach in a few weeks.  Currently only have one press but I'd hate to regret not getting the wider dryer if/when I ever get a second auto.

I believe this dryer was already configured used but new dryer that he bought from M&R he got a real screaming deal on it. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Croft

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 08:44:25 AM »
Was a great deal , also space constraints the 60" is huge, this 38" eclipses the size of our Radicure already .
Really liking the cure the probe and temp mapping feature , still getting used to the different way gas dryer cures .
The purchase was a chicken before the egg scenario , buy a smoking new auto but have a slow dryer , or buy an awesome dryer then follow with a new auto some time this year, since the dryer was a good deal it made the decision easier.
 Would be awesome to buy both but as would luck would have it were only 8hrs from M&R but on the other side of the border which adds approx 40% to any price I'm quoted due to exchange rate/ duties/brokerage / extra trucking costs .....

Offline Croft

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 08:48:17 AM »

I believe this dryer was already configured used but new dryer that he bought from M&R he got a real screaming deal on it.

Was told it was a loaner in a lab at an ink manufacturer, 1 year old and could have been sold as new other than a bit of grey paint on the feet :) with full warranty.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 02:07:46 PM »

That is correct. We supply most Ink companies dryers that they can keep for 11 months. They are then switched out for the latest model and the lab unit is sold at a discounted price with a new warranty as they are basically still new. Some have less than one month of run time on them.

Was told it was a loaner in a lab at an ink manufacturer, 1 year old and could have been sold as new other than a bit of grey paint on the feet :) with full warranty.
Rich Hoffman