Author Topic: ThreadX - Palm Beach Anyone?  (Read 2232 times)

Offline NTZ-Deanna

• Verified/Junior
ThreadX - Palm Beach Anyone?
« on: November 30, 2017, 07:14:49 PM »
 Anyone’s interest peaked in this new ThreadX Conference coming up in February? If so, what part interests you most? What do you hope to get out of it. My interest is sparked.
Deanna Smith
N the Zone Ink
(541) 728-9663  Deanna@ntzink.com

Differentiate Yourself With Your Quality

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: ThreadX - Palm Beach Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 07:35:25 PM »
Not Palm Beach, Palm Springs! Other end of the country!

https://sgia.swoogo.com/THREADX
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline NTZ-Deanna

• Verified/Junior
Re: ThreadX - Palm SpringsAnyone?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 07:42:11 PM »
Not Palm Beach, Palm Springs! Other end of the country!

https://sgia.swoogo.com/THREADX

Ha! Yes Palm Springs! So what do you think?
Deanna Smith
N the Zone Ink

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 07:59:36 PM »
Pierre is our SGIA man here. He'll probably chime in. I believe Greg Kitson is involved as well
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline merchmonster

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 08:40:26 PM »
I go to a lot of conferences but was confused about what I am supposed to get out of this one for my $1200 + travel and lodging. It’s for garment decorators but the speakers / topics dont seem that relevant?
Merch Monster Screen Printing Embroidery and DTG Direct To Garment Printing
Servicing Oakland CA and the Greater San Francisco Bay Area
http://www.merchmonster.net

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 09:06:37 PM »
I'm going. looking to further educate myself on Ecommerce solutions for our shop. Specifically order fulfillment.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 08:25:11 AM »
Thanks for asking about the new SGIA THREADX18 conference in Palm Springs, https://sgia.swoogo.com/THREADX

A few talking points,

This is not your fathers screenprinting event.

When I first saw the prospective THREADX18 speaker list I recognized almost none of them.  I then did a little Google research and the names represented several hundred million $$$$ in on-line sales, got my attention real fast.

A dozen speakers 'From the other side!' have been chosen to educate us ink slingers on how they plan to do, and are currently doing,  e-commerce in the 2020's.  This should give attendees insight into the language and terminology of this new way of engaging decorated apparel customers.

You will be in a room full of competitors, get over it  :).  CustomInk is just one of the presenters who will be talking about their view on coopetition, learn that word.  Call me at 260-724-2050 if you want to talk about any of this.

The format will be TED Talkish with short concise presentation targeted toward getting attendees to question everything they know about the subject and that subject will be how to sell in the 2020's.  You will be confused and uncomfortable during some of the presentations, that is a good thing.  You don't know what you don't know.

Palm Springs was chosen to make a statement that this event is different, it is!

More than a dozen industry suppliers have already laid down sponsor money because they see the value in knowledge exchange in this fashion, more sponsors are still waiting to commit.  Each will have staff on hand to help you deal with how they as an industry are prepared to deal with the 2020's.

While the networking conversation will certainly stray to putting ink on a shirt the focus will be, and should be, on putting bucks in the bank.

As an inaugural event we will make logistic mistakes and will learn from them.  Sounds like owning and running a business.

I hope you don't think I have an attitude with this info, please understand I passionately believe this is a GREAT ROI for the price of admission.

My 2 cents...and I am a 30 year SGIA member and 2017 Chairman of the SGIA Garment Decorators Committee

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 12:41:56 PM by GKitson »
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline NTZ-Deanna

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 12:48:54 PM »
Thanks for asking about the new SGIA THREADX18 conference in Palm Springs, https://sgia.swoogo.com/THREADX

This is not your fathers screenprinting event.

A dozen speakers 'From the other side!'

These are the two things that really have me intrigued that this could be really good. 
Deanna Smith
N the Zone Ink