Author Topic: Fusion 180  (Read 3793 times)

Offline chubsetc

Re: Fusion 180
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 02:05:52 PM »
I'm curious about this ink too.....anyone used it on nylon?

One of my movie set designer friends just asked me to rush a job printing 10 nylon jackets and I probably have the time. one color left chest/ one color back. Need to pull out my old jacket hold down and dust it off.  I have a flash and a very teeny vastex dryer.  can't decide if I should send them along to someone else or dive into it.  Movie/TV set designers n costume departments are usually flush with cash........

I have a sample and added nylobond (10% by weight if I remember right) to print nylon bags.  It turned into “concrete” in about 10 minutes and was not printable.

You added nylobond to an ink which advertises as being printable on nylon without that exact additive. Why did you do that?

Our first gallon (the old formulation) turned to thick cement as well, but we didn't add anything to it to cause that and it was after about a month and lots of hot days. We don't have air conditioning where we print either. I think the ink has something in it that evaporates out, but I'm just guessing. Hoping the reformulated version doesn't have that issue.

Our gallon of the newly formulated white will be coming in tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it does later next week.

I was given a sample by a local supplier with no info other than super low cure.  The quart had the cure temp and a phone number.  I called the number and spoke to someone who gave me very vague info, so I rolled with it.  Why did I do it?  Testing on a tight weave nylon bag. Sometimes if we don't test things we never figure things out.  I'm not a chemist, just a printer working on my craft.

Offline TheGhost

• Verified/Junior
Re: Fusion 180
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 10:57:00 AM »
I follow them on instagram and they posted about it not needing a catalyst on nylon a few times. That's why I asked what made you want to do that. I agree that they do need to compile a better info packet for people.

The new gallon we got in was nice and creamy right off the ups truck on a 20 degree day last week. Pretty cool! Just going to have to keep it cool.