Author Topic: Epson Pro 4800 repair in Atlanta  (Read 1638 times)

Offline printguy

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
Epson Pro 4800 repair in Atlanta
« on: December 11, 2017, 02:42:28 PM »
Does anyone know of a printer repair shop or service in Atlanta GA. Tried Dawn Electronics, but they cannot make the repair for several days.
Thanks

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Epson Pro 4800 repair in Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 03:27:24 PM »
what's wrong with it?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 03:34:50 PM »
That was going to be my question.  After fixing mine (with pierre's help) and working on two others, it seems like it would have to be something pretty bad (ie replace vs repair) to not be able to fix something yourself with the right tools and guidance.  Once you get into them, they are pretty simple to clean up and fix.

Offline printguy

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 03:46:47 PM »
Upon start up or if it starts up when I attempting to print, I get Error 0001001E.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 03:53:49 PM »
ugh, looking at google searches, sounds like something to do with the encoder. . . it seems like you can open it up and poke around in hopes of finding something, but it seems you are right, EPSON will have to fix it.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 04:06:40 PM »
Paper feed motor error.

Check for jams/blockages. When starting up does the paper feed move at all (listen/watch) or does it
error out immediately? This particular error is from the controller sending too much voltage to the motor,
IE it's working too hard.

If the feed all seems well pull left cover off (looking at printer) and be sure that the encoder disk (clear plastic
circle attached to paper feed roller) is clean and not out of whack. This is unlikely given the error however.

If it's neither than the main board or motor is probably toast.

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 04:20:33 PM »
Paper feed motor error.

Check for jams/blockages. When starting up does the paper feed move at all (listen/watch) or does it
error out immediately? This particular error is from the controller sending too much voltage to the motor,
IE it's working too hard.

If the feed all seems well pull left cover off (looking at printer) and be sure that the encoder disk (clear plastic
circle attached to paper feed roller) is clean and not out of whack
. This is unlikely given the error however.

If it's neither than the main board or motor is probably toast.

that's what happened to mine. Clean it well with some rubbing alcohol and q tip....should fix you up.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 12:21:53 PM »
Dawn is about the only company around that is Epson certified.  They stay dang busy though.  I had them out a couple weeks back to look at a problem on the i-image, they have to come back with the parts to do the main repair.  No biggie, I had him go through the printer and clean, lube and inspect it. 

They do a good job, I've have them repair a 3000, 4800 and the 7900 on the i-image.

Offline printguy

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 10:01:51 AM »
Thanks all for the help - was able to remedy it without a tech service call.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 10:07:24 AM »

what did you have to do so others know. . .?

pierre

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 10:17:11 AM »

what did you have to do so others know. . .?

pierre

Probably the standard, "turn it off, wait 10 minutes and turn it back on."

Kidding, but the internet is such an amazing resource when it comes to finding out error codes and how to fix them.

Offline printguy

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 03:32:42 PM »
There was a blockage in the gear - a simple, gentle twist got it twirling again.