Author Topic: Richardson Trucker hat has crease when trying to press  (Read 893 times)

Offline IntegriTees

Richardson Trucker hat has crease when trying to press
« on: December 21, 2017, 12:57:33 PM »
This is a very popular Richardson trucker hat that I'm trying to press on.
the original form that came with the GeoKnight hat press gave me this crease.
Called them and they said I needed the Euro form and I ordered it but it seems to have the same problem. 
Any ideas?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: Richardson Trucker hat has crease when trying to press
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 05:19:31 PM »
I do a lot of hats and this is common.  There are two solutions I've used depending on the hat:

1. use koozie/mousepad material with heat transfer tape and build up the platen to fit the shape of the hat, typically most of the material is in the middle since the hats are sort of eggshaped vs round if that makes sense.

2. physically pull on the sides of the hat below the platen to stretch it while pressing down.  this is a bitch and slow, but it works.  These 6 panel non-foam structured truckers blow hard for pressing and I would try to steer clients away from them whenever possible.

Offline farmboygraphics

Re: Richardson Trucker hat has crease when trying to press
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 09:02:46 PM »
This.
Bring the heat platen down (not all the way) to warm the material, it helps to stretch it.

2. physically pull on the sides of the hat below the platen to stretch it while pressing down.  this is a bitch and slow, but it works.  These 6 panel non-foam structured truckers blow hard for pressing and I would try to steer clients away from them whenever possible.
Tees and Coffee