Author Topic: Nobody Is Immune To Sex Discrimination Charges These Days  (Read 1984 times)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Nobody Is Immune To Sex Discrimination Charges These Days
« on: December 23, 2017, 09:02:19 PM »
Nobody
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Nobody Is Immune To Sex Discrimination Charges These Days
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 11:00:40 AM »
Funny but totally scary at the same time.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 01:40:04 AM »
So So true.  Many, many years ago, this was a funny joke.  Now not so much.   

One of the really scary things, IMO, is that so people can bring up 'supposed' offenses 20-30+ years in the past and not really have any proof and the news sources report it and it suddenly becomes fact and a reputation or occupation is ruined.   

Don't get me wrong, I have no respect for anyone who is proven guilty of such an offense.  But there's been so many of these charges on the news every single day I start to wonder how many are false and being made for personal or political motives.

Not sure innocent until proven guilty exists any more.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 12:26:58 PM »
Yes, it's a sad state. Way back when I was a kid, my dad, an accountant, had a client that ran a preschool, and was accused of something he was found innocent of. It ruined his life and business anyway. I guess we just need to record all of our transactions with other people, just to be safe. Is that where we are?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 11:27:03 AM »
My last job before I started working for myself I was a service tech for a company and since we enter many homes and the lady of the house usually was there alone, we would take a mini recorder with us, and this was back in the late 80's and 90's.

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 11:13:44 AM »
I have made sure all of our cameras are in good working order, I record all of our meetings now and I will absolutely not let more than one person in the dark room at the same time.  I don't have a camera setup in there yet but will probably do so soon.  I have a camera showing the door though, which might be good enough.  I don't have any meetings without a witness present either, regardless of gender in the meetings.  I certainly don't like having to cover things like this due to wanting to trust everyone until they give you a reason not to, but when that reason happens it's usually too late to cover your butt.  I have no doubt that the majority of harassment cases are legit, but even if only 2% are false you can't give the benefit of the doubt.  There are people in prison that had nothing to do with what they were convicted of (very low percentage) but imagine if that person was you simply because the jury and community were so hell bent on finding the culprit.  I saw a mini documentary on a guy that was convicted of rape and there was so little evidence against him I cannot fathom how he was found guilty.  I keep on putting myself in his shoes and it's so scary to think you can go to prison for 50 years over one piece of circumstantial evidence that is far less than 100% in reliability.  And not to mention touch DNA found when you've had numerous innocent encounters in the area where a crime was committed or you've shook hands or hugged someone then your DNA can get anywhere.  Shake hands with someone, then 5 minutes later you go to the bathroom and then their DNA is in your underwear.  That's been submitted in court and found accurate enough to convict.  Think about that y'all. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 08:55:11 AM »
I have made sure all of our cameras are in good working order, I record all of our meetings now and I will absolutely not let more than one person in the dark room at the same time.  I don't have a camera setup in there yet but will probably do so soon.  I have a camera showing the door though, which might be good enough.  I don't have any meetings without a witness present either, regardless of gender in the meetings.  I certainly don't like having to cover things like this due to wanting to trust everyone until they give you a reason not to, but when that reason happens it's usually too late to cover your butt.  I have no doubt that the majority of harassment cases are legit, but even if only 2% are false you can't give the benefit of the doubt.  There are people in prison that had nothing to do with what they were convicted of (very low percentage) but imagine if that person was you simply because the jury and community were so hell bent on finding the culprit.  I saw a mini documentary on a guy that was convicted of rape and there was so little evidence against him I cannot fathom how he was found guilty.  I keep on putting myself in his shoes and it's so scary to think you can go to prison for 50 years over one piece of circumstantial evidence that is far less than 100% in reliability.  And not to mention touch DNA found when you've had numerous innocent encounters in the area where a crime was committed or you've shook hands or hugged someone then your DNA can get anywhere.  Shake hands with someone, then 5 minutes later you go to the bathroom and then their DNA is in your underwear.  That's been submitted in court and found accurate enough to convict.  Think about that y'all.

That makes Brandt's business model of all online transactions sound like the only way to go anymore. I'm so glad I'm old and only a few years from retiring...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't