Author Topic: clear quart containers  (Read 5635 times)

Offline Du Manchu

• Verified/Junior
Re: clear quart containers
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 09:14:53 AM »
Do NOT buy the U-line containers.  They are polystyrene (PS) and the ink chemicals break down the container and it will relatively quickly disintegrate. You'll then have a mess and must throw a bunch of ink away. 

Ideally you want HDPE plastics which is what most all factory inks come in (look at the stamp on the bottom of the container).  This plastic is flexible and less prone to explode when dropped and is chemimcal resistant

PP (polypropylene) is also chemical resistant, but more stiff and brittle.

I have search endlessly for quart containers and finally somehow talked this vendor selling to me direct in case quantities. thecarycompany.com.    Only had PP in the 32oz wide jar.      Likely, the best bet is to just call your ink distributor that mixes custom inks, pay the premium price, and ask them to sell you some of their quarts.

Offline ThePrinter

• Verified/Junior

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 05:08:57 PM »
Here is a source I found for containers.

https://epackagesupply.com/1-4-gallon-32-oz-bpa-free-food-grade-round-container-250-count-case/

I like the half gallon containers.

https://epackagesupply.com/1-2-gallon-64-oz-bpa-free-food-grade-round-container-t60764-200-count-case/

We've used the "white" containers from Uline and never had issues with plastisols breaking them down, only issue is you are stuck with 32 oz size. Do these last with plastisol in them?

Thanks
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline ThePrinter

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 06:13:11 PM »
We've used the "white" containers from Uline and never had issues with plastisols breaking them down, only issue is you are stuck with 32 oz size. Do these last with plastisol in them?

Thanks

Yes they do. They are made with HDPE 2, the same as the ink manufactures use.
Atleast these are: https://epackagesupply.com/1-2-gallon-64-oz-bpa-free-food-grade-round-container-t60764-200-count-case/

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 06:20:31 PM by ThePrinter »

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2018, 11:34:48 AM »

Thanks

Atleast these are: https://epackagesupply.com/1-2-gallon-64-oz-bpa-free-food-grade-round-container-t60764-200-count-case/

Awesome, I hate having to mix multiple containers if needing more than 800 grams mixed on a pantone. the 32 oz will hold 1000 gram mix, but it's a pain in the arse mixing without ink crawling out. Thanks for the info!!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline ThePrinter

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2018, 11:43:53 AM »

Thanks

Awesome, I hate having to mix multiple containers if needing more than 800 grams mixed on a pantone. the 32 oz will hold 1000 gram mix, but it's a pain in the arse mixing without ink crawling out. Thanks for the info!!

Yeah I like having the extra room in the container when mixing quarts. I also like them being translucent, they come in white and/or translucent. 

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2023, 08:18:15 AM »
Sorry to revive this old thread, but unfortunutely I didn't see this until it was too late and I purchased the clear wide mouth jars from Uline only to discover that the ink starts to harden along the edges. Luckily I only bought 36 of them so it's not a huge loss. Just wanted to see if anyone has used the ones linked below. I see these are polypropylene so they should be good, but I just want to double check to see if others have used them with no issues before I order them lol.

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-23742B-W/Jars/Translucent-Round-Wide-Mouth-Plastic-Jars-Bulk-Pack-32-oz-White-Cap?model=S-23742B-W&RootChecked=yes

Offline Logowear

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2023, 09:15:21 AM »
I did the same thing with the styrene jars.
The polypropylene should work, but the standard size like Ryonet used to sell is 40oz.
I bought mine at Parkway Plastics, Piscataway, NJ 08854
www.parkwayjars.com

120mm - 40 oz. Clarified Polypropylene.  Minimum 75 pcs.
White Ribbed Cap with foam liner for 120mm Jars. Minimum 240 pcs.
I bought 150 jars & 240 lids. I can sell you some lids if you don't want to buy 240.
Specialty Stitches

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2023, 03:44:27 PM »
Go to US Plastics. I'll post the link later for the exact item but you will thank me for Quality and Pricing.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2023, 10:25:40 AM »
Awesome, appreciate both options!