Author Topic: Quantity of mesh counts  (Read 3659 times)

Offline ThePrinter

• Verified/Junior
Re: Quantity of mesh counts
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 03:16:42 PM »
When you are switching to/using S-mesh screens are you using static aluminum frames or are all using rollers?

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 03:44:50 PM »
I am using rollers now.  We were using shur loc frames for a while.  There are several good places that can stretch thin thread up reallly well.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 04:15:49 PM »
Bolt mesh on rollers.  Save for 1 press op here, nobody has used any mesh but thin thread so handling it is already normal and the screens are very long lived. 

Thin thread is great on statics but you need to nudge your screen maker to use it.  We love the statics we get from Graphic Screen Fashion with permanent blockout. 

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 07:26:28 AM »
We use
We do a lot of shirts that are printed white without a underbase and use 110 for this.
Most of our mesh is Saati but recently I got a roll of 225/40 from NBC.   So far it's great
We use only statics and stretch on a pneumatic stretcher I built, I can get up to 30N but normally go up to 28N a little less on 305.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il