Author Topic: How would you print this?  (Read 795 times)

Offline endhymns

• Verified/Junior
How would you print this?
« on: January 30, 2018, 05:58:21 PM »
I have an upcoming print for a good client that I'm looking for a quick opinion on. The print is for a venue's anniversary celebration and contains the logos of all of the headliners over the past year and many of the logos contain pretty tiny details. This will be printed on BC 3001s as well as BC 3739 which are 52% cotton / 48% poly. The print is a one color, light grey (no pantone call out, but close to a cool grey 2 for reference). Typically, I take precautions with black poly blends and will run a grey bleed blocker ub and possibly a second white poly base depending on worried I am, with my top colors on higher mesh.

Due to the design's small details and print colors, I'm debating forgoing the the underbase and mixing a small amount of Wilflex Performance UB Grey with Wilflex Performance Poly white to get a light grey and printing this with one hit through a 225s.  My first question is, if I watch my cure temp, should this be enough bleed resistance for a 50/50?

My second question is, if I were to go this route, to avoid ghosting on the 3001s, I would replace the poly white and mix up a small amount of UB grey with Sprint white to match the color printed on the fleece. Should I expect any issues with ghosting on 100% cotton from a small amount of bleed blocker mixed into Sprint white?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: How would you print this?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 10:50:52 PM »
I don't know about others, but Wilflex Bleed blocker grey is a medium grey and (they say) to use a 150 on it as a high mesh. We do 230 on them all the time. My suggestion would be to do two screens. 1 with the bleed blocker and one with the ligth grey or, do that mix you mentioned...and still use two screens to be sure, but don't build in any reg. Just print directly one over the other to give the detail and the coverage.

Just a thought.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850