Author Topic: ART BOARDS FOR I IMAGE  (Read 1199 times)

Offline downtowntshirts

• Verified/Junior
ART BOARDS FOR I IMAGE
« on: January 18, 2018, 03:13:00 PM »
I just got my I Image installed and a little confused by the art boards. Anybody got a cool artboard set up for 23x31 they are willing to share.
Thanks,
Tom

Offline downtowntshirts

• Verified/Junior
Re: ART BOARDS FOR I IMAGE
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 03:53:16 PM »

The art work seems to hop around on the screen. Not sure where to get reference.
tom

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 04:05:45 PM »
Double check your manual, it should have dimensions for creating a template to drop your art into :)
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 09:15:34 PM »
The only reason it could be moving around is based on two things.

1, size of art.

2, you may not be using this process.

When in illustrator:
Use Save As,  EPS. Use artboards (document size)
And the range.   The range is nothing more than ...is it page 1, 2 3 etc.   there is an artboard window. You can set a left chest up as one file, (range 1), save and print....designating the range (what page you want to print).
then, you can print the other one. Full back. Artboard or "range" 2.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 09:20:45 PM »
I forgot to explain part1.

It will move around based on size.  Let's say you want a left chest. You print as an aunt and it lands dead center all the way at the top of screen. That's by default. Using the EPS and range (locks it into place). So the left chest would stay in the place you put it on the template.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850