Author Topic: 100% polyester cinch bags- help us!!  (Read 2879 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: 100% polyester cinch bags- help us!!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 02:27:02 PM »
regular ink with nylonbond added to it the bag we use is item 8881 210 denier, are you sure those bags are poly? our bag info say nylon so I could be totally wrong here but they look just like what you have posted.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ThePrinter

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 02:38:19 PM »
regular ink with nylonbond added to it the bag we use is item 8881 210 denier, are you sure those bags are poly? our bag info say nylon so I could be totally wrong here but they look just like what you have posted.

Same here...the Port Authority BG85 is 210 denier nylon. But I did a reversed google image search an came up with this.

https://www.amazon.com/Mato-Hash-Drawstring-Promotional-Backpack/dp/B00KFOY50W/ref=sr_1_11?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1517859111&sr=1-11&nodeID=2404177011&psd=1&refinements=p_n_size_browse-vebin%3A2343350011

It says it is 210 denier poly.

I also use your regular plastisol with nylobond added.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 02:42:26 PM by ThePrinter »

Offline shanny

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 08:56:14 AM »
Yes- they are definitely polyester! That's all the specs I have at the moment.

3Deep- how do you cure your nylon bags? I know poly and nylon are different but I thought I'd ask anyways! 

ThePrinter- what kind of dryer or flash unit do you use?

Thank you!!!!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 09:25:26 AM »
did you reach out to the manufacturer and see what they suggest?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ThePrinter

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 09:40:00 AM »
Yes- they are definitely polyester! That's all the specs I have at the moment.

3Deep- how do you cure your nylon bags? I know poly and nylon are different but I thought I'd ask anyways! 

ThePrinter- what kind of dryer or flash unit do you use?

Thank you!!!!

My dryer is a M&R Fusion, and my flashes I have are M&R Red Chili D and M&R Reno-HW.

Have you printed anything else on your Rapid Tag?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 09:43:39 AM »
Not that this helps right now, but we try and avoid stuff like this.  We go through BulletLine or Hit promo for our cinch bags.  Many times they are cheaper than the blank bags and they come printed.

Knowing what your weaknesses and strengths can save you tons of headaches down the road.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 10:29:48 AM »
We just run them down the dryer and set the belt speed a little faster so they don't wrinkle or burn, I'm almost sure we've done poly bags, poly should be a little easier to stick ink on than nylon I would think since I don't add anything to the ink for poly.  Stahls carry a film called Gorilla Grip if your doing a one color and have a cutter and heat press
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Robert Clark

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2018, 12:00:53 PM »
Our ELT Series had these bags in mind when we built it . Cures as low as 250 and is fast flashing . On the Vinyl end Chemica Vinyl can press as low as 230 for 25 sec . Both options will work.

Chemica Hot Mark Revolution

http://www.chemica-us.com/en/165-hotmark-revolution

ELT

http://www.printelt.com/
Robert Clark
One Stroke Inks
Senior Account Manager
rclark@osinks.com
(800)942-4447

Offline Croft

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2018, 01:54:01 PM »
we have had a heck of a time with UA sac pacs it seems every time we get them there labelled different , 100% poly, 100% nylon then poly Nylon blend.  Have printed poly inks with nylon additive on nylon and had dye migration so I suspect they are poly. They set to be a bit of a crap shoot.  Have tried silicone ink on them looks great but starts to scratch off as well.

Offline shanny

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2018, 08:25:55 AM »
Hey Guys!
Thanks for all your feedback... the support here is amazing!!

To answer some of your questions...
- We don't want to ask the manufacturer because we are trying to bring them in house and still order our blank bags from them. It's kind of on the hush hush right now.

- We have yet to try and print anything else on our rapid-tag. We have thrown different materials on there just to see what happens but not seriously.

Breaking News:  We were able to test out a friends dryer yesterday and it definitely made a difference but still scratches off. It's just crazy because our bags purchased overseas don't scratch off! Now we have other things to consider too like mesh count and squeegee duometer to put less ink in the bag, AND now our strings are changed texture and almost melting, eek!! I think it's safe to say we are making progress but not 100% there yet!

NEW INFO....
Someone told us they use oil based ink on their cinch bags... does that have any merit to it?

Thanks again everyone- this forum is amazing!!!