Author Topic: Workhorse Powerhouse Quartz 3011 Dryer  (Read 729 times)

Offline docsscott

• Verified/Junior
Workhorse Powerhouse Quartz 3011 Dryer
« on: February 06, 2018, 03:39:25 PM »
Hey, Does anyone have the Workhorse Quartz dryers and how reliable have they proved to be over the years?
Currently have a BBC big buddy and looking to upgrade to keep up with Auto and Manual Carousels.
One has come up locally at a good price used and in good condition.
We use Plastisol only. BBC dryer hasn't missed a beat. only issue is belt speed to keep up - hence potential upgrade.
Any advice or opinions on the Powerhouse Quartz welcomed.

Thanks, Scott

Offline Cole

Re: Workhorse Powerhouse Quartz 3011 Dryer
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 04:44:34 PM »
This is more about the bulbs for that dryer than the functionality, but something to check on is if that dryer has the old style (post mount) bulbs or the new ring mount bulbs. I have a Workhorse 4013 dryer from a few years back and it was set up with the old style bulbs. So when one of them went out, I contacted Workhorse and found out that they no longer make the bulbs with that style mount. You have to completely change the mounting hardware in order to get a new bulb when one goes out. Workhorse will provide with the new kit, but just keep in mind that once you change the mounting kit, you'll have to get all new bulbs, which are $70 each I believe. Just something to consider.

As far the functionality of these dryers, I'm happy with it. Mine is slightly wider and has a longer chamber than the one you are looking at, but I could definitely see it keeping up with an auto. Especially if you get creative on how you fold the shirts onto the belt.

Good luck with everything!