Author Topic: Question about Warp Dry additive and Green Galaxy WB inks  (Read 1176 times)

Offline XG Print

Question about Warp Dry additive and Green Galaxy WB inks
« on: February 07, 2018, 09:14:45 AM »
The Warp Dry that comes from Ryonet......Is that the only type of product of its kind or do other companies make this as well under a different name...We are new to waterbase after 10 years of strictly plastisol we are learning everyday.  Product seems cool as you don't have to worry ass much about the cure times since it well set in 48 hrs regardless (we usually keep our WB shirts in the dryer 1:30-1:45 and have been doing fine)  Anyway I was just looking to see if there was a product I could buy local here in Atlanta and not have to have shipped.  Also has anyone had experience with the green galaxy mars read wb ink.  I have a print going on Next Level CVC heather gray shirts next week and Im looking for a good red.
Thanks

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Question about Warp Dry additive and Green Galaxy WB inks
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 10:26:21 AM »
Other companies make it as well.

It's a really neat tool to have in your pocket, but it does give you waterbased ink a shelf life. The ink starts to get thick and harden within 24 hours of activation, usually resulting in un-useable ink after 10 hours or so.

We used it heavily, but have weaned off of it, now that we have our cure parameters dialed in. Life is way easier now without it. Still useful in certain situations, but overall, better without it.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 08:58:45 PM »
We use warp drive to avoid dye migration when printing on dark blended shirts, since it will drop the cure temp way down. But only mix as much as you need, like Eric said, the ink will go bad afterwards. Matsui and Virus make a similar product.

We use GG pigs and bases, I haven't tried the pre mixed colors, but on a shirt like that   I would expect it print a bit dark and the Heather of the shirt to show some.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 09:01:42 PM by Maff »

Offline Biverson

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 12:16:15 PM »
The GG red isn't opaque and you'll be able to see the Heather texture underneath. If that's okay it'd work fine. You can also UB it. I've always had trouble with the Comet White being tacky when I use it as an underbase. If you want more opaque WB try permaset. I've never used them but they're supposed to be really good, but more pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 01:06:05 PM »
The GG red isn't opaque and you'll be able to see the Heather texture underneath. If that's okay it'd work fine. You can also UB it. I've always had trouble with the Comet White being tacky when I use it as an underbase. If you want more opaque WB try permaset. I've never used them but they're supposed to be really good, but more pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We find the Matsui ink is cheaper, and works better.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285