Author Topic: What are you using for online stores?  (Read 8721 times)

Offline Mr Tees!!

What are you using for online stores?
« on: February 13, 2018, 10:52:24 AM »
...we are getting kinda fed up with our webstore service, AGP Solutions. We are in a constant state of needing to update with something called Vantiv Integrated payments, or they ding you with heavy fees. They also cant get our login credentials right, constant headache requiring a lengthy phonecall each time.

...If anyone can recommend a better way to run webstores, we are all ears over here. Also, if anyone is familiar with AGP/Vantiv, and has some tips or horror stories, thats appreciated as well

NOTE: Im giving my better half (Tiffany) access to this thread, as she is the one administering this stuff and will be the one responding.
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: What are you using for online stores?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 11:05:13 AM »
Order My Gear. end of story. Pay the start up fee...

I used to use AGP too, they can suck it.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 11:36:55 AM »
Contact Order My Gear.... do the demo... and then pay the money. They took 4 easy payments from me so you don't even have to pay it all up front.

Offline BRGtshirts

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 09:59:28 PM »
We are a big fan of Inksoft's new online stores. They are really sharp. We've been on Inksoft for ~5 years now and have been happy. However, their new stores platform is what I've been waiting for. Other stuff has been okay/satisfactory, but these new stores are truly legit. I'd give them strong consideration.

Online zanegun08

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 10:56:01 AM »
We are a big fan of Inksoft's new online stores. They are really sharp.

Agreed, Inksoft stores are easy to setup, and quick to roll out, and feature rich enough, and themeable through a GUI that is easy to use.

Here are two stores we have running currently for pre-orders http://pdxdragonboats.com/,
 store.oregonscreen.com/gigafactory1/, has both options for individual shipping, or a pickup date which is a nice feature where the customer can decide.

The rest of inksoft is ok (ehh), just takes a ton of time to manage the products you offer, however the store / fundraiser feature is pretty slick.  If only they can take it to the next level and allow customers the GUI to setup their campaigns to have true TeeSpring / Booster / Represent functionality, as sometimes we setup stores and then they get like two orders.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 11:06:15 AM »
We are  moving from AGP to OMG...

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 04:17:10 PM »
Can anyone provide a link to one of their order my gear stores.  I'd love to take a look at it.

jon

Offline Audifox

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 05:59:56 PM »
This is for the high school in our town.
https://ohsdrillerwear.itemorder.com/sale

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 06:43:51 PM »
watching this thread!  I need this too!  So lost with all the options.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 07:36:38 PM »
OMG is super easy and they hold your hand for the first couple months, they offer to make your stores too for 5 bucks I think...I picked it up in about 2 days of screwing around so I didn't need the extra services.....super user friendly, I love OMG  -plus every single rep I spoke to is super cool...The back end / ordering part is what won me over. AGP was a hot mess, this is as simple as it can get....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 09:45:17 PM »
Thanks for the link Audiofox.  I'm trying to figure out an easier way here's a link to one of them that is open right now. http://weprintlogos.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=35 I have about 8 or so stores that I open up a couple times a year for some groups and I'm always looking for an easier way.  So if I'm understanding everything correctly they open up a store for you, you upload the items with graphics on it already and then set a price and when the store is closed you receive the orders and then you print them...is this all correct?  OMG is just a store...not a fulfillment operation.

Offline Audifox

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 02:30:29 PM »
Thanks for the link Audiofox.  I'm trying to figure out an easier way here's a link to one of them that is open right now. http://weprintlogos.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=35 I have about 8 or so stores that I open up a couple times a year for some groups and I'm always looking for an easier way.  So if I'm understanding everything correctly they open up a store for you, you upload the items with graphics on it already and then set a price and when the store is closed you receive the orders and then you print them...is this all correct?  OMG is just a store...not a fulfillment operation.

They can set up a store for you, but it is super easy to do yourself. They have a huge library of stock items (clothing, sports stuff(rawlings, easton etc.) with all the info.
You set the price, you can add extra charges for fundraising. You can add shipping, etc. etc.
You decide when your store is open and closed.

It is not just a store, they look after all the payment stuff as well. They work with Stripe(worlds largest CC processing co)  They deposit into your account once a week (what we get)

"OMG is just a store...not a fulfillment operation."   NO.

My suggestion is to call and get a demo set up. It is too hard to explain here.

Ask Homer, I know he had reservations about it. But I think he's pretty happy he got it.
We have had it for 6 months and it was well worth it.

Audra
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 02:33:11 PM by Audifox »

Offline Biverson

What are you using for online stores?
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 09:12:06 PM »
Just got an email today that Printavo is looking to get into the online store side of things as well. I might try that out of it comes with the standard, middle plan. Right now I do everything myself via Wordpress and don't think switching to any platform will outweigh the visitor and SEO benefits from direct traffic to my site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 10:17:18 PM by Biverson »
Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2018, 09:47:10 PM »
We've been using OMG for a couple years now and our customers love it. It works very well. The technical support is excellent and you can actually get someone on the phone if needed. But honestly I've rarely needed it. It's a very easy simple system to learn. I trained one of my employees in about 10 min the other day and he set up a store by himself.

The backend is the best part. It organizes your orders in a few different ways so you know exactly what blanks to order and also who/where they are going to. You can organize by date or order or product type.  You can also add your customer contact point to see all the order details live.

I wish they had more customization to the user interface. There is only one template, which is clean and nice, but it would be nice to change some colors etc.

I also wish there were some integration for shipping, so when a store is closed you could more easily print shipping labels, but you basically have to enter all that info into your carrier manually.

All and all it's been well worth it for us.

Offline ixpoz

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2018, 09:00:53 AM »
How is it priced?  I was just there and unless it was staring me in the face, I didn’t see any pricing.