Author Topic: What are you using for online stores?  (Read 8643 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: What are you using for online stores?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2018, 09:21:12 AM »
How is it priced?  I was just there and unless it was staring me in the face, I didn’t see any pricing.

OMG? 1 time fee. I think it was 2k. made that back on the first 2 stores.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2018, 04:22:13 PM »
Right now I do everything myself via Wordpress and don't think switching to any platform will outweigh the visitor and SEO benefits from direct traffic to my site.

Whoa, that’s a great idea. I never thought about doing it that way! We have a Wordpress multisite setup already. The benefits of getting people on OUR site would be huge, agreed there.

Are you using Woocommerce? A lot of the features people are talking about here can be built right in. Different store/subdomain for each group. Very interesting!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Biverson

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2018, 06:03:35 PM »
Right now I do everything myself via Wordpress and don't think switching to any platform will outweigh the visitor and SEO benefits from direct traffic to my site.

Whoa, that’s a great idea. I never thought about doing it that way! We have a Wordpress multisite setup already. The benefits of getting people on OUR site would be huge, agreed there.

Are you using Woocommerce? A lot of the features people are talking about here can be built right in. Different store/subdomain for each group. Very interesting!!!

Yes, I use Woocommerce. I will say it's not for the faint of heart. You'd have to have someone in your shop that knows how to setup and run everything - basic HTML, CSS, make mockups, put up the stores, and manage everything else with the backend. I've grown it to where I believe it can do what OMG and others can, but it was trial and error, not plug and play. I don't use subdomains. I just have an "online stores" page where there's an icon for each store and customer's select the one that's for them. I guess I could do subdomains for larger organizations that will have continuous orders, but don't have any of those at the moment. With each Wordpress and plugin update just hope that nothing goes down. Make sure you have a good hosting provider that can help in the event it goes, restoring backups, or general tech support. I'm on Siteground right now and can't speak highly enough of their services thoroughness.
Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline printavo

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 09:26:09 AM »
There's OMG which charges something like startup fee and 2.9% credit card fees plus their 3% fee. Then InkSoft is a startup fee + monthly fee https://www.inksoft.com/options/

I'm building out a better solution actually called Printavo Merch. Lmk features you'd like to have!
https://www.printavo.com - Printavo, simple shop management software.

Offline Audifox

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 01:49:55 PM »
We've been using OMG for a couple years now and our customers love it. It works very well. The technical support is excellent and you can actually get someone on the phone if needed. But honestly I've rarely needed it. It's a very easy simple system to learn. I trained one of my employees in about 10 min the other day and he set up a store by himself.

The backend is the best part. It organizes your orders in a few different ways so you know exactly what blanks to order and also who/where they are going to. You can organize by date or order or product type.  You can also add your customer contact point to see all the order details live.

I wish they had more customization to the user interface. There is only one template, which is clean and nice, but it would be nice to change some colors etc.

I also wish there were some integration for shipping, so when a store is closed you could more easily print shipping labels, but you basically have to enter all that info into your carrier manually

All and all it's been well worth it for us.

Talk to them. They are always looking for ways to improve their system.

We had a couple of issues with stuff that was "required", which should be optional.   It is easier to turn on a feature rather than always having to turn it off. 
They were going to try to get that implemented as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 01:52:50 PM by Audifox »