Author Topic: Who is your go to digitizer?  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Who is your go to digitizer?
« on: September 13, 2017, 10:48:16 PM »
I know most do it themselves, but if/when you outsource, who do you go with?

Used to be happy with my "US based" guy but he has gone down hill... I think he's subbing it out and is just the middle man. :(

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Who is your go to digitizer?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 08:40:05 AM »
I think that's how most companies are now.  We use ignition, they aren't doing it in the US.  Sometimes logos are fantastic, others it's a wonder the digitizer is employed.

Strawberry stitch is always top notch, but expensive.  I send them the ones that I know ignition will botch.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 09:04:30 AM »
We always liked that guy named Vitor I think it was, can't remember his business name and its been several years since we used anyone. Top Sail was also always the best one we every used but would set you back factors more money.

But we do it in house now because so often we'd have to edit at least a bit almost every digitizers stuff.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 10:35:10 AM »
Bradt, which program do you use?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 10:44:35 AM »

Wilcom, top level. Need to update it, its a few years old now.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 10:04:51 AM »

Wilcom, top level. Need to update it, its a few years old now.

gracias!

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 07:11:14 PM »
We always liked that guy named Vitor I think it was, can't remember his business name and its been several years since we used anyone. Top Sail was also always the best one we every used but would set you back factors more money.

But we do it in house now because so often we'd have to edit at least a bit almost every digitizers stuff.

Luiz Vitor Mendes Neto

He runs the facebook group "The Embroider Life" We've used him now for digitizingthe tough stuff as everyone was raving about him on the group, and he does very good work, and prices are very reasonable, and he's not a flake like so many other companies.

http://www.vitordigitizing.net

vitor@vitordigitizing.net

Simple - medium difficult stuff we do ourselves with Wilcom

Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Lizard

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 09:09:22 PM »
We mostly digitize in house just for the control and ease of editing but we do have a great source direct from China if in a pinch.  Most companies in the states are just sourcing you stuff overseas.
Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225

Offline mikeob

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 03:13:09 PM »
We have used Quality Punch for almost a year.  Have never had a problem with anything they have done for us

Offline NTZ-Deanna

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 06:14:35 PM »
We use Ignition Drawing also and have had positive results most times. Occasionally we’ll have one we’re not super keen on and end up requesting a revision, not too often though. Basic things we handle in house with Wilcom.
Deanna Smith
N the Zone Ink
(541) 728-9663  Deanna@ntzink.com

Differentiate Yourself With Your Quality

Offline bryanprints

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 10:41:24 PM »
Ignition has done right by us thus far.  Definitely open to suggestions as well.  We're adding a machine this month and we wanna source the digitizing.

Offline dsh

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 06:55:53 AM »
Some time ago on the forum someone suggested into@excellencepunch.  Always back in less than 12 hours.  If something requires adjustment it's back in hours.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2018, 07:09:48 AM »

Luiz Vitor Mendes Neto

He runs the facebook group "The Embroider Life" We've used him now for digitizingthe tough stuff as everyone was raving about him on the group, and he does very good work, and prices are very reasonable, and he's not a flake like so many other companies.

http://www.vitordigitizing.net

vitor@vitordigitizing.net

Simple - medium difficult stuff we do ourselves with Wilcom

We have used Vitor a few times and have been real happy with his work. We'll probable be moving more business his way.

We used Quality Punch for a couple of years but they were getting a little inconstant.

Offline Catnhat

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2018, 10:29:49 AM »
We jump back & forth between Ignition and Quality Punch.  Quality Punch seems to do better with hats & small lettering designs most of the time.
Used Vitor in the past and was always happy with his work.  (not really sure why we stopped using him???)

For absolutely critical stuff, it goes to Ignition and we call and request Jesse specifically.
Jesse came from Superior Imprints (Seattle) before he joined Ignition.  They were our contract embroiderer for years before we brought it in-house, so the relationship goes back 15+ years.  He knows our shop/machines/style/clients, probably as well as we do.

Would love to do more in-house, and we have whatever version of Wilcom that came with our Barudan.  But don't really have an operator, or the time, to learn it beyond very basic stuff.