Poll

CTS Owners - Do you have a backup inkjet printer?

Yes
7 (58.3%)
No
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: CTS Owners - Do you have a backup inkjet printer?  (Read 3123 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: CTS Owners - Do you have a backup inkjet printer?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 12:09:09 PM »
I like a 1430 for film backup, at your door in a day from amazon if it goes down, low cost, runs dye ink, makes great dots.  13" w is a limitation however.

I wouldn't run film without a film backup, let alone CTS even it was actively supported.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 03:02:07 PM »
we were using an Autotype Quadra film printer - basically a 64" wide roland inkjet.  once we bought our i-Image in 2014 the Roland was put in a corner -  we kept it as a backup for a while but never used it again.  we threw it away before we moved. 

our i-Image hasnt had any problems that we couldnt solve over the phone or parts shipped overnight...  easy enough to fix and robust enough that we dont have to worry about it.

Offline merchmonster

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 03:12:35 PM »
Btw I liked Dans suggestion. I’ll have to do that if our I-image breaks. If I was further afield from other people I might think different.
Merch Monster Screen Printing Embroidery and DTG Direct To Garment Printing
Servicing Oakland CA and the Greater San Francisco Bay Area
http://www.merchmonster.net

Offline merchmonster

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2018, 03:14:28 PM »
I like a 1430 for film backup, at your door in a day from amazon if it goes down, low cost, runs dye ink, makes great dots.  13" w is a limitation however.

I wouldn't run film without a film backup, let alone CTS even it was actively supported.

I hadn’t thought of that but that would be a good fix in a pinch!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2018, 03:27:11 PM »
We had an epson printer that we hadn't used in a while. When we needed to use it for something, we turned it on, and the printer was bricked. Nothing to do with the ink, it had a service code that translated to, this printer is unserviceable.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2018, 03:44:25 PM »
Also, if you have a solvent printer, I've seen film made to generate positives with those.  Would be the easiest backup since it would only cost a roll of the film.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2018, 05:32:11 PM »
We've printed a few dozen pieces of film this week for a shop that doesn't have a backup film printer.  He's had quite a few issues with his CTS the last 6 months and we've used almost an entire roll of film for his stuff since his problems began.  So when we go CTS, we will definitely have a film backup. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2018, 08:32:31 PM »
We've printed a few dozen pieces of film this week for a shop that doesn't have a backup film printer.  He's had quite a few issues with his CTS the last 6 months and we've used almost an entire roll of film for his stuff since his problems began.  So when we go CTS, we will definitely have a film backup.

Or maybe just not the brand CTS he has. ;)

Offline merchmonster

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2018, 08:58:08 PM »

Or maybe just not the brand CTS he has. ;)
lol