Author Topic: DTS image not remaining clean turning blurry  (Read 7103 times)

Offline NKG

Re: DTS image not remaining clean turning blurry
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2018, 09:32:17 AM »
I have a question,
I just got an I image S machine and my images on the screen seem clean. My issues are when I expose screens. On washout, I'm seeing a fine black line
that is not washing out cleanly- edges on straight lines, etc.
A tech told me my emulsion may be too dry? Should I try a different emulsion?
Help!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2018, 09:49:50 AM »
Sound so more like an art file issue. So to be sure, let me ask this.

1, does it do this on all art images or just this one file for the first time?  Test other files and add in some fine line art as a test.

2, Is it a vector file from Corel or Illustrator,   Or is it a pixel file from Photoshop?

The cleanliness of a Photoshop file is highly dependent on the files resolution. For example, if I use type in Photoshop, my file size is going to start out at 600ppi. This provides me with cleaner edges, more rounded and smoother type. Lines are lines with no boogers.  With raster art (Photoshop art), its crap in, crap out.

The ink jet shows what's in the art.  If there is 1% tone left over from a selection or adjustment, you will see it print on the screen in 600dpi pixel format. This might be what you see on you lines.

test the same line thickness (in vector art).   

Typically it's not your emulsion but something else.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2018, 10:46:52 AM »
You may also find that you get better image results using 12 pass bi direction as well.
The 6 pass is flashy for speed, but the 6 is so fast, it does not cover tightly as 12 does and the time difference is maybe adding another 10-15 seconds to a print.

Be sure that your machine is calibrated at 12 pass.  It should be done at install.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2018, 11:29:55 AM »
Throw up a picture - zoomed in - so we can see what you are talking about.

What ink is in your machine?  T6 or D2a or...?

How new is your machine?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2018, 01:18:25 PM »
Or is it just some ink stain residue, staining your emulsion? I have found more staining with lighter emulsions.

Is it effecting the image?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2018, 02:29:04 PM »
Or is it just some ink stain residue, staining your emulsion? I have found more staining with lighter emulsions.

Is it effecting the image?

That's a thing?  The staining can actually resolve?  Just curious.

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2018, 02:51:38 PM »
I've never had a stain effect an image.

I have had employees just learning how to develop screens not get the ink off quick enough or have water splash on it, leaving a stain with a much more defined edge. Can look a bit strange.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 03:38:04 PM by Underbase37 »

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2018, 06:58:04 PM »
NO, The ink stains all emulsion (if) you get the screen wet, and let it run or soak in to the newley wet emulsion.  We have an Eco rinse so we don't see that issue, but when I was training, and sprayed out with a wand, I had always told them to blow the print off first before letting the screen soak. Otherwise you get stains but those stains never affect the image stencil at all.