Author Topic: DTS image not remaining clean turning blurry  (Read 7102 times)

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: DTS image not remaining clean turning blurry
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2018, 05:04:32 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has pitched in with assistance!  I have it penciled in to call M&R tomorrow, to discuss ink upgrades and what they think could be going on with the print head... today has kinda gotten away from me....
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2018, 06:00:26 PM »
Move the head all the way to the left, open the door and put your phone inside with the flashlight on, look at the plate the heads are mounted in.  I bet somewhere on or around it, its gummed up.  You can clean it with the pink solution just dont touch the head.  I have been through every single issue known to man with this unit.  Also, upgrading ink......in my opinion and some other professionals who dont want to be named, DONT upgrade.  D2a is probably the best ink they have ever made.  Some will argue this, but after switching to Type 6, we had to switch back almost immediately.  Food for thought!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2018, 06:03:42 PM »
My guy who does the cleaning is a little bit ocd.... and the nozzle checks are super clean, but I will check it out with him tomorrow.

Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2018, 06:06:39 PM »
My guy who does the cleaning is a little bit ocd.... and the nozzle checks are super clean, but I will check it out with him tomorrow.

nozzle checks will still be clean if its gummed up.  Hope you get to the bottom of it!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2018, 06:40:40 PM »
Me TOO!

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2018, 08:04:22 PM »
Move the head all the way to the left, open the door and put your phone inside with the flashlight on, look at the plate the heads are mounted in.  I bet somewhere on or around it, its gummed up.  You can clean it with the pink solution just dont touch the head.  I have been through every single issue known to man with this unit.  Also, upgrading ink......in my opinion and some other professionals who dont want to be named, DONT upgrade.  D2a is probably the best ink they have ever made.  Some will argue this, but after switching to Type 6, we had to switch back almost immediately.  Food for thought!

This.... is interesting. I am familiar with T6 and know others using it. About to switch but then why fix something already working. It seems to vary from machine to machine. Find your ink and stick with it?

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2018, 08:10:25 PM »
Have you tried "Restore Settings" yet? Sometimes ours "forgets" and starts double imaging.

Air in the lines?
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2018, 09:35:59 PM »
I have not "noticed" anything that would seem like air in the line.  I guess its always possible if they were micro bubbles... But I assume they would have an additive in the ink that would keep it from doing that.

I have not touched any settings.  I consider myself a newbie when looking through it all.... like, I know and understand enough to get myself into real trouble messing around in there....

As for the right ink.... I honestly just want to use what performs the best and causes the fewest issues possible.

I live in the pacific northwest and it gets cold/hot/and wet most of the year.  The unit is in a temp/humidity controlled room and I am always looking at the hygrometer sitting on top of the unit...

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2018, 11:00:36 PM »
It's not something in the airlines based on the Noz checks. Again, those are perfect.

Restoring settings will not improving this.

Cleaning the head plate (don't touch the heads) is always a good thing to check. Make sure it's done often enough. Your guy prob does.
When I saw this, it was on the far left of the art and far right of the art, not in the middle.  Beginning and end.  Sometimes just the left, sometimes just the right. Not the whole area, just some smaller sections would have this.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2018, 11:43:46 PM »
Dan:  What were you able to do to fix what you saw?

The incomplete image - now that I know what I am looking for/looking at - has caused us some issues on press.  Always on smaller design pieces - that I have been aware of.  We end up fighting registration because of it...

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2018, 12:20:36 PM »
Update:

We are getting a new headboard (motherboard looking thing) and it was suggested we get a new print head... just... in..... case.

I will update this after installation!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 12:46:37 PM »
Update:

We are getting a new headboard (motherboard looking thing) and it was suggested we get a new print head... just... in..... case.

How old is your unit, just out of curiosity?

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2018, 01:20:14 PM »
It was installed juuuuust over 1 year ago.  We have just under 3k images.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2018, 03:32:07 PM »
Update:

most likely not the issue. They tried to tell us the same thing. It's the ink.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2018, 03:51:36 PM »
I did ask about this whole ink thing!

Our room is fairly climate controlled.  Its between 65-75 degrees, the room has its own heating/cooling control panel.  We know that the humidity will be around 25% on snowy/dry days and up to 40% during the wet season.  The most I have ever seen it is 45% after reclaiming with the barrier curtains open...

So, with that info, using the T9 for emulsion, it was their opinion that we were sitting pretty with the ink.  If we were in a hotter more humid climate, then we would change inks.... Beyond the info I have read here and what I have gotten from M&R, that's the extent of my real knowledge...

Remember, we are also not getting clean edges.  Its primarily the "Leading Edge" of the image where it happens, so the first nozzle spray on that side..... it usually is cleaner after that - not always and no rhyme or reason we can see.

So, if the ink is reacting to static or a very narrow window of humidity.....  wrawrrr.... so frustrating....

I just want the damn thing running clean again.