Author Topic: Camo tees  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
Camo tees
« on: February 20, 2018, 09:42:29 AM »
Typically I avoid printing anything that isn't mostly cotton since we run discharge inks but I have a request for camo tees. I found the 60/40 camo tee from RothCo that will probably fit the budget and wanted to get some suggestions on printing with water based.

The artwork is a white and red box logo so I was thinking a gray under base, white box, red over print. I'd really like to stick with using 3 screens and not adding a low cure catalyst. For the grey under base should I bite the bullet and get something made for dye migration blocking like Green Galaxy Gamma Blocker or will mixing up a dark grey work in a similar fashion?

With this job I'm willing to take a little extra time and spend a little more just to add this to my skillset.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Camo tees
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 10:36:41 AM »
We just ran a few hundred of these with the Wilflex Gray Base, no bleed problems, but it was plastisol...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline BlueMoonMatt

• Production Manager at Blue Moon
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 03:48:39 PM »
You need something made specifically for dye migration. Just using a gray ink won't work.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 06:22:14 PM »
to be more specific, the Wilflex Epic Bleed Blocker Gray, yes, not just any old gray will do it, but this will, on these Rothco shirts...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 09:30:19 PM »
FYI you may want to take a look at the new Wilflex Armor gray or black. The black is specifically robust enough for digital dye sub camo. These are brand new and will ultimately replace the billed blocker black and the underbase gray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline Robert Clark

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 11:46:50 AM »
Pangea,
One Stroke has a Black Underbase that's been out for 3 years now. I attached some examples of how great this blocker is. Our ELT Black Underbase and colors are low cure/low bleed straight out of the bucket, no additives needed. ELT is also very soft, very creamy and can be printed on everything.
Robert Clark
One Stroke Inks
Senior Account Manager
rclark@osinks.com
(800)942-4447

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 10:43:47 AM »
Thanks for all of the advice! Since we print water based I went ahead and ordered some "Gamma Blocker" but might not get to try it out yet. The customer saw the pricing on a short run of camo tees and is leaning towards sticking with a single color on a white tee now  ::).