Author Topic: Augusta Style#311 Anyone printed on these?  (Read 1040 times)

Offline XG Print

Augusta Style#311 Anyone printed on these?
« on: February 23, 2018, 07:44:33 AM »
The description says they are 100% Nylon tricot material with a whicking finish.  Looking to print a one color white logo....First time for me not using the standard poly tops....School wanted these so what ink am I going to use.  My normal poly is Synergy white but I am assuming I am going to need something different here.  Let me know!!  Thanks guys!!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Augusta Style#311 Anyone printed on these?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 10:07:09 AM »
Not that particular shirt, but I have just used regular plastisol on the nylon jerseys that occasionally came my way. Hardly see them any more.
When I first started, I, as many,  mistakenly assumed that a nylon adhesion catalyst was needed.
However, I do seem to remember one supplier type person on a forum saying that the "dazzle" type finish benefitted. I have my doubts.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline XG Print

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 12:27:12 PM »
Yeah I am a little apprehensive about printing these and running through the dryer  Wondering if I should get a low cure additive like warp drive and use.....Augusta was 0 help which did not surprise me.  Customer Service rep said I think we use One Stroke.  Well great that tells me crap!!!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 01:04:36 PM »
Yeah I am a little apprehensive about printing these and running through the dryer  Wondering if I should get a low cure additive like warp drive and use.....Augusta was 0 help which did not surprise me.  Customer Service rep said I think we use One Stroke.  Well great that tells me crap!!!

Maybe referring to the lower cure inks available from One Stroke.
A low cure additive could only help you (except for the slight loss in opacity from any addition to a white ink)
Whatever you decide to use, send one down first to see how it takes the heat.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline XG Print

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 08:29:21 AM »
Will poly ink work on the nylon garments without nylabond?

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 12:08:28 PM »
its been while, but i think ive printed on these, the exact one in the pic..it may have been a year/ year and ahalf ago. I think we just used poly white..i think th only problem we may have had was the white ini going through the garment onto the platen, so we had to kind of keep adding the tack.. I also think even with out that we had issues with them sticking to the platen.

i would def order like 2 extras and play around with it and see what works.

Offline jt_bass

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 03:04:08 PM »
Not that particular garment but with Nylon you are going to need a nylon white which one stroke does make or a nylon catalyst.  You are going to want to speed up your dryer belt and lower your temperature. inks with nylon catalyst can cure just air drying for a 24 hour period. In the past I did a bunch of golf umbrellas and had them open and sitting all over the place to cure overnight and they turned out great. You are gonna want to follow the instructions on the catalyst and make sure you dont get the garment too hot.  I always flash nylon before I print too because it will move and if your are PFP then you will end up with some problems!! Good Luck