Author Topic: Discharge Emulsion for LED  (Read 1992 times)

Offline siestasol

• Verified/Junior
Discharge Emulsion for LED
« on: February 23, 2018, 12:06:38 PM »
Hi there,
Looking for some Discharge emulsion to use with the i-Image S, and burn with the LED exposure. We try the Chromaline Chromatech WR but under performed...
We will try next week,  ProTex Blue from Nazdar, but wondering what you guys use with a LED.
For regular plastisol, we use CCI HXT Blue and works very well, but doesn't work with the discharge...
We also have tried the chromatech WR printed on the CTS, and burned with the 6K, but it's not easy to develop, Looking for something easy to use from Nazdar or Tubelite.
Thanks.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: Discharge Emulsion for LED
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 12:19:03 PM »
This has been gone over a couple of times in other threads fyi :)

I use Murakami T9 with Diazo added.  I add the diazo SPECIFICALLY because of its anti-halation properties.  This means that it is much more difficult to undercut fine dots or detailed images.  As a result I am able to resolve insane detail with my Iimage and Starlight exposure unit.  Yes, it does extend out your exposure times.

Others here have had great success with Saati PHU and PHU2.

I use both plastisol and waterbase/discharge with some HSA inks thrown in.  I have used both emulsions in production and both work great when you follow proper screen prep procedures.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Discharge Emulsion for LED
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 12:57:34 PM »
I use HXT with discharge everyday....add some diazo
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...