Author Topic: Embroider machine ?  (Read 1435 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Embroider machine ?
« on: February 27, 2018, 11:54:22 AM »
We have a single head brother machine nothing fancy, but we just had it serviced right before Christmas of last year because it was sew out crappy on small fonts which are a pain anyway.  With that said it has sew small fonts just fine but now it's sewing out smaller fonts like crap, but yet I can pull up old digitized files with small fonts and it sews them great, also my files on the new stuff look great on screen but sew out like crap.  any of you guys have some advice beside telling me to junk the machine and get a new one, this machine is like 8 years old.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Embroider machine ?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 11:59:01 AM »
what size needle for that small text? Looks like it's skipping stitches which tells me your needle size is too big. We use 9's or sometimes 8's if the mood strikes me.....but I'm no expert.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 12:34:01 PM »
No expert here myself  D, but I have a 9 in there....

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 01:13:55 PM »
My guess is your current digitizing file even though looks good on screen is junk.
Have you gone back and resewed a file that you had great results with before?
How about looking at the old good file and the new file side by side on your computer and comparimng the stitch layouts and understitching.
It looks like you are missing a bunch of stitches in the picture. You should be using a 70-10 needle as sewing caps can make the needle flex.
65-9 are too thin for cap emb, great for small letters but the needle will deflect and miss the hook timing which is a prime cause of missing stitches.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Logowear

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 01:21:18 PM »
Looks to me that the digitizing is poor.
65-9 needle is too small for caps, but you could get away with it on these visors with no center seam.
I would sew the bottom text line first center out with a 65-9 needle with 60wt. thread at .28-.30 density.
Sew the top line center out with a 70-10 or 75-11 needle with 40 wt. thread at .35 density.
Sew icon last.
Specialty Stitches

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 02:17:34 PM »
Just had it sewn out my a friend and it stitched great, USA digitizers did the digitizing, what a pain in the butt this is.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 02:36:43 PM »
Small text and hats can be the worst. 

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 07:08:38 PM »
Good luck ever trying to get that small text line to look good on a hat. Tell them to delete that, re-digitize the top. Send me the .emb file and I'll send you a version to try.
I spend too much money on equipment...