Author Topic: Eyes Hurt?  (Read 1558 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Eyes Hurt?
« on: November 29, 2011, 05:13:20 PM »
I.m sitting here and my eyes are about to pop from looking at my screen, have any of you had this experience, yes I wear glasses.  I,m thinking a new brighter monitor might be what I need.  Have any of you changed monitors for this reason or went to a larger screen?

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Eyes Hurt?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 05:15:29 PM »
brighter sceens make your eyes tired and blurry when you look away, least mine...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 09:10:45 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 06:15:02 PM »
Yeah, it is called getting old! When I was behind the manual it was my hands, wrists, and elbows. Then on the auto it was my legs and back. Now on the computer and phone it is my patience!  ;)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 08:21:28 PM »
I advocate the 20-20-20 approach.

Every 20 minutes of staring at the monitor, take a look at something 20 feet away, for 20 seconds. 

My eyes are gettin' all weird too.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 08:21:59 PM »
Buy a good quality monitor with good color reproduction and contrast, then you can lower the brightness to an acceptable level. This will reduce some of the eye strain.

Look for an IPS panel from Dell, HP or NEC.

http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/s-ips-lcd-list.php

There is a nice type calibration tool in Win 7 that helps make type more legible too.

There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)