Author Topic: Murakami MS Hardener  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
Murakami MS Hardener
« on: February 28, 2018, 08:07:15 PM »
Has anyone used the MS Hardener from Murakami with other photopolymer emulsions? We used it with HVP successfully a few times, but are back on the Ulano Orange for various reasons.

I have a small run of shirts (less than 100) to discharge and want to know if I am going to have to pickup a quart of something.

I'd hate to ruin nice workharded mesh with a locked up stencil, or destroy shirts with a stencil breakdown.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Murakami MS Hardener
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 09:56:18 AM »
I have and use it only on LONG mulit-color runs over 100 pieces for DC or waterbased. I usually just post expose my HVP, and add an extra line of tape where the edges of the squeegee rides and I can get it to last through 100 pieces pretty easily.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 01:42:32 PM »
It should at least help on any emulsion as far as I know.   I believe MS Hardener is HCL, you could ask Ulano.  Running it is probably the only way to find out but that could be a rough way to learn if it pinholes on you. 

Can you drop diazo into the Ulano product?  If so you could do that, dial a full 7-8 step exposure, harden and prob be all good to go.

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 07:59:29 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.

I think we'll try the hardener on one of the sleeve prints since we have it laying around... If it starts to breakdown then i'll probably just get some good ole diazo emulsion locally and run with that. I'm just trying to not go to the store and test exposures too much for one batch of discharge. We hardly ever run the stuff so its difficult to justify more than one emulsion, or switching for that matter.