Author Topic: Thoughts on the Wilflex Rio System...Anyone?  (Read 1522 times)

Offline XG Print

Thoughts on the Wilflex Rio System...Anyone?
« on: March 02, 2018, 09:12:01 AM »
Looking at possibly getting this system and wanted to here from some users who have experience with this ink and system.  Are the inks opaque?  Do they print WOW nicely over a plastisol underbase?  Is the mixing system accurate?  What additives might I need to enhance the ink?  Anything else that may be useful....Much appreciated!

Offline T Shirt Farmer

Re: Thoughts on the Wilflex Rio System...Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 10:39:38 AM »
running Rio for a year it is as good as any system we have used prior the ink is pretty creamy and prints nicely.... with exception to Max Opaque through a 110 screen i have never seen an ink I thought was opaque enough.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline XG Print

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 01:21:47 PM »
Good to hear.....I have heard many say that additives where needed.

Offline inkstain

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 01:51:56 PM »
Looking at possibly getting this system and wanted to here from some users who have experience with this ink and system.  Are the inks opaque?  Do they print WOW nicely over a plastisol underbase?  Is the mixing system accurate?  What additives might I need to enhance the ink?  Anything else that may be useful....Much appreciated!

I've had the system for a couple months.  I really like it so far.  Color matching has been good.  Did a couple underbase with wet on wet jobs and they worked really good.  As for opacity, some inks are good, some are not very opaque.  Inks are very creamy which is nice.  Thinking of using a different white base for some of the inks, such as wilflex quick to make it more opaque.  One of my only gripes is that I had to buy a dumb pc laptop to be able to get the recipes online.  Wilflex should make the software usable on Macs as well.  I was using Union mixopake inks for a long time, still do on some jobs.  All in all it's a good mixing system.  Hope that helps.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 03:03:25 PM »
Wet on wet was solid, mixing was accurate.  We only have used it for a few mixes as we have the equalizer system.  Happy with both.  Formulas for equalizer mixing system with new base aren't all updated so I have to request those manually but they respond within 4-6 business hours with formulas.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 06:23:02 AM »
We have had the Rio system for around a year and love it. We like it so much that we are starting to mix some Wilflex standard colors we weren't happy with instead of ordering premixed gallons. For example, the Rio Royal mix runs sooooo much better than the premixed stuff.

We find it extremely accurate and opaque. Opacity depends on how much base is need for the mix.

We do a lot of sim process and high color spot WOW work and are very happy with the inks.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 10:50:53 AM »
Since some people like the opacity & some find it leaves something to be desired: How does it behave on different fabric types? For example, Rutland M3 often runs well w/ no base on 100% cotton, but usually needs a base on poly blends.

Also, what's the hand like? And how good is at maintaining opacity when printing through higher mesh?

(We're also thinking of trying Rio. We've tried the PC system, but those formulas require very precise mixing for the small batches we typically use, and thus hasn't been a good fit for our shop.)
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 09:51:53 AM »
switched from the MX system when Rio came out.  in the beginning, there were some colors that were off, but Wilflex has rerun those and updated the formulas.  Print wow on most jobs without problem.  I'd recommend it to anyone.