Author Topic: Can you DTG print the back and screen print the fronts?  (Read 1597 times)

Offline humblymadebrand

• Verified/Junior
Can you DTG print the back and screen print the fronts?
« on: March 02, 2018, 09:51:59 AM »
Hey guys I had a quit question about using DTG and screen printing on the same order. I don't know much about the DTG process.

I am planning on screen printing a 1 color chest print with water base ink on the fronts of the tees, and need to DTG the back prints due to the artwork. Would it be ok to mix the two processes? Mainly with the DTG having the pre treatment, would that effect the water base ink on the front? Would it matter which process I did first? Either screen print the fronts, or have the shirts treated then DTG'ed and then print the fronts?

Just worried how the pre treatment may effect my front print. Thanks guys!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Can you DTG print the back and screen print the fronts?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 10:13:00 AM »
Not a problem to mix and match. 

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 10:13:47 AM »
you can always mix decoration processes, as long as your end user is fine with it. I don't think your pretreatment will get on the front of the shirt, so it shouldn't have any effect.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline johnny

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 11:06:25 AM »
you can do whatever order you want to, it doesn't really matter. pre treating the backs won't have any affect at all on the front, we do hybrid stuff like that at my job somewhat frequently. even if the fronts did happen to get pre treat on them it may actually help with opacity, something i've noticed when i'm using dtg rejects as test prints with plastisol. either way i wouldn't worry about it

Offline humblymadebrand

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 11:18:46 AM »
Thank you guys so much! I was hoping it would have no effect on the water base ink, but have no clue what that pre treatment is all about. Great community here, always so helpful!

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 11:40:43 AM »
We do this all the time.
I would silk screen before the DTG, if you have a second on the silk screen you have to sent it back to have another one made.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline johnny

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 11:42:46 AM »
pre treatment is basically like a primer/underbase so the white ink doesn't get soaked into the shirt and completely lose opacity

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 12:48:04 PM »
We do this all the time.
I would silk screen before the DTG, if you have a second on the silk screen you have to sent it back to have another one made.

This is how we do it.