Author Topic: Green Galaxy Washing Off Of Underbase -need advice  (Read 1144 times)

Offline easyrider1340

Green Galaxy Washing Off Of Underbase -need advice
« on: March 02, 2018, 03:29:03 PM »
First time using water based ink.   Green Galaxy
White underbase - PF —> Red overprint ——> conveyor dryer

I ran shirts through dryer twice for back prints - white PFP (which survived the first wash) - but I believe that I must have forgotten to run through twice for the front prints.

Is this only an under curing problem?   Could the white underbase have cured too much under the flash prior to overprinting red? Thus not allowing red to “grab” the white ink?

Give me your thoughts.  Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Hey Monkey

Re: Green Galaxy Washing Off Of Underbase -need advice
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 07:56:14 PM »
Red is such a PITA. Yellow too. You may have overflashed it, that would be my first guess. I usually hit it for about 6 or 7 seconds then pass it under a cooldown station which is a fan by the time that platen gets back around to me it is ready for the top color.

Offline easyrider1340

Re: Green Galaxy Washing Off Of Underbase -need advice
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 08:47:14 PM »
Thanks - never had this problem with plastisol. 

When the ink comes back around, I make sure it is cool before laying on over print. 

Think white was cured from flash, then red wouldn’t bond with white?

Red is such a PITA. Yellow too. You may have overflashed it, that would be my first guess. I usually hit it for about 6 or 7 seconds then pass it under a cooldown station which is a fan by the time that platen gets back around to me it is ready for the top color.