Author Topic: Multi-color Sleeves / M&R pallet brackets  (Read 817 times)

Offline endhymns

• Verified/Junior
Multi-color Sleeves / M&R pallet brackets
« on: March 05, 2018, 11:19:47 AM »
It's been a minute since I've had a decent sized multicolor sleeve job, but I have a 6 color sleeve print later this week and was looking for a little advice. In the past, I've ran into some trouble forcing smaller sleeves (primarily XS and S) over  M&R style auto pallet brackets. I not only hate stretching the sleeve out, but more importantly, I've run into issues from the sleeve being stretched so tightly around the bracket it can occasionally slip when it hits the flashes causing reg issues. The only way I've found to mitigate this is sending the garments around the press once with the heads off allowing them to settle before printing, but I'm hoping there's a better way. Has anyone had similar experiences or have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: Multi-color Sleeves / M&R pallet brackets
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 12:26:42 PM »
Put an extra flash into head one to pre-shrink

more glue ( I hate this one )

Waterbase/discharge :)

Make a disclaimer about how tight everything is and you cant control fabric variables.

Otherwise you look into different sleeve pallets.....  That gets pricey...
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline endhymns

• Verified/Junior
Re: Multi-color Sleeves / M&R pallet brackets
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 02:10:16 PM »
Unfortunately, new pallets aren't an option at the moment, so I'll shoot to pre-shrink and grin and bear it. Thanks for the input!