Author Topic: Blackberry ?  (Read 3790 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Blackberry ?
« on: November 30, 2011, 10:37:12 AM »
I,ve had a couple of customers as of late approve there art from a blackberry and gave us the ok, to only later after everything was printed and delivered find some thing wrong( most times a name missing or mispelled)  I allways tell them in email please check for correct spelling and missed names while proofing there art, sometimes we have close to a hundred names to type in.  We allso ask to make sure the font we use is acceptable, so have any one of you had this happen to you.  Now I send out a phrase stating if viewing art form a blackberry please check art on a larger screen.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Blackberry ?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 10:38:36 AM »
Even on a larger screen, people still miss it.  They just assume you did everything right.

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 10:46:44 AM »
That is Horse Hockey....if they approve, they approve...they just F**KED up and want to blame someone else..

Sam

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 10:48:33 AM »
Even on a larger screen, people still miss it.  They just assume you did everything right.

Kinda defeats the purpose of sending out proofs LOL, but your right in some cases

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 11:13:52 AM »
D, we don't let anybody choose the font -it is what i send you, I am the designer, not my customer. They can give an opinion but it stops there. once you click approved, it's not my fault you fail to use common scence and read the proof -I don't type names in anymore either. screw that, send it to me in a word file then copy and paste it into Corel -done -I DO NOT spell check names. Parents with all these stupid spellings of names these days, who knows whats right or wrong.  "I want my kid to be original so I spelled his name with 6 extra letters so he can fk it up in kindergarten - he can't spell his name but he'll be original". . .douches. .

I'm in a good mood too, this sounds dickheadish -but it's not. .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 11:31:23 AM »
So you guys who print an approved typo tell the customer to eat their 100 misspelled tees? Cool of you do...don't.  Just curious as to how others handle approved "misprints".
In the end, the customer can dispute the credit card charge to make life even harder for the printer.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 11:46:36 AM »
if it is their mistake we usually will reprint for a discount, but it if was our MISTAKE we always replace them...

Sam

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 11:49:10 AM »
So you guys who print an approved typo tell the customer to eat their 100 misspelled tees? Cool of you do...don't.  Just curious as to how others handle approved "misprints".
In the end, the customer can dispute the credit card charge to make life even harder for the printer.

get out your fork, start eating... I can't be held responsible - you proofed it -it's your fault. we will help on the cost a bit for the rerun if you so choose to reprint. I'm not saying if I see a word misspelled I will run it -that's different- we will point it out and fix it beforehand. if we don't catch it, then still you proofed it, otherwise, why send a proof? . . . names, I don't touch them...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 12:18:47 PM »
Homer makes a good point about spelling of names, example we just embroidered a bunch of cheer bags with the girls name under the art, this one girl spelled her name on the form handed it in, we run the order.  A day later the mother says her girls name is spelled wrong we check the form and its spelled like she wrote it down, she tells us thats not how its supposed to be spelled and her daugther spells it wrong.  Well how the hell do we know that its an odd spelling and she wants us to redo on our dime,  yeah right!!

We work hard for our customers, but dam!! we ain't mind readers and sometimes we give them just a little more freedom than some printers might.  The blackberry thing just jumped up now that everyone in god free world has one LOL except me!!!!

Darryl

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 12:26:08 PM »
to touch on that..we do NO NAMES unless typed out and email to us....that way O's do not look like A's or E's and half of these people cannot spell their own names...WTF do they teach in school these days...

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 12:54:55 PM »
to touch on that..we do NO NAMES unless typed out and email to us....that way O's do not look like A's or E's and half of these people cannot spell their own names...WTF do they teach in school these days...
Yep! Me too.

Also, when a customer says "I want it to say this and this and this", I say email me the phrase, telephone number, etc. I'm not writing that down via a phone conversation.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 05:29:07 PM »
I just had a lady spell her last name wrong. How do you not know how to spell your own name? I thought I messed up but after checking the form she left out like 3 letters I told her I would take off 20% but she thought I should work for free.
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com