Author Topic: Corel Draw technique question  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Corel Draw technique question
« on: March 05, 2018, 04:06:54 PM »
One of my customers is getting art vectored at one of the many online services, and gets them in Corel Draw, which they have. Then can convert to .eps and send them, but the files are slightly messy, that is, all the shapes on top of each other, as opposed to knocked out of each other. So, I'd like to help them by telling them how to convert the strokes to shapes and knock all the parts out of each other. Not being a Corel Draw user, I was wondering if someone could type out a quick set of instructions for us; it's like 3 steps in Illy, and I'm pretty sure it's the same in Corel, but I don't want to tell him the wrong thing. Thanks in advance

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Corel Draw technique question
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 04:19:49 PM »
If it's a matter of knocking out an object that's overlapping another object, after selecting the two it's simply Arrange/Shaping/Back minus Front (or sometimes Front Minus Back).
If it's an outline (your stroke?), Arrange/Convert Outline to Object, then the same Back Minus Front
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Corel Draw technique question
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 04:35:16 PM »
You da Frog, Andy, thanks, I'll pass it along. I'm guessing I'd do the convert outline to object first then knock all the shapes out of each out of each other, sounds perfectly logical.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't