Author Topic: Anatol indexer servo fault code 18  (Read 1237 times)

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Anatol indexer servo fault code 18
« on: March 07, 2018, 08:20:50 PM »
This is the first time I have ever had an issue with my Trident 10/12. It's older, 2005ish, came in tonight to print an order and get this error on each reset. Servo moves a half inch or so and stops. There's a code flashing on the servo amplifier "d2". It's an older Kollmorgen servo amp so I can find anything online about it but I'm still searching. There were zero issues the last time I printed. Contacted Anatol service via email just now but figured I'd ask here in case anyone has any experience?

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Anatol indexer servo fault code 18
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 08:31:52 PM »
Found the servo amp error description: Excessive position deviation  -  PE > PEMAX

Almost like the servo doesn't know where home is? Ugh, right when I have a ton of orders to print!

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 09:24:15 PM »
Got it fixed lol. In case someone searches the interwebs in the future for this fault code for Anatol here's what I did:

Press Menu/indexer/default parameters then select yes, hit enter.

My index distance and home offset had somehow been lost and reset to a maximum value. Not sure why/how that happened, maybe some internal memory hiccup or maybe my main board battery is dying/dead.

Luckily I had written my settings for index distance and home offset that work best for my machine and keep it indexing the smoothest which is a little off from the default values.

Anyway, back up and running.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 10:08:13 AM »
Final update. Replaced the little CR2032 battery. That little booger powers the memory for the servo position settings. All is right in the world.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 10:15:47 AM »
Final update. Replaced the little CR2032 battery. That little booger powers the memory for the servo position settings. All is right in the world.

Something you tried on your own, or did someone, (perhaps Anatol?) steer you in that direction?
Did you call them?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 10:58:13 AM »

Something you tried on your own, or did someone, (perhaps Anatol?) steer you in that direction?
Did you call them?

This is all on my own late last night outside of service hours. I work full time during the day and print nights. Once I realized the settings were off on the menu settings in the control panel the thought occurred to me that they might be stored externally from the servo amplifier. Cycling power erased my correct settings so I took a guess on it being the battery. Replaced it this morning, reset parameters, cycled power to confirm it saved them and all seems normal.

I did send Anatol a service email late last night with the problem description and did not call them.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 11:11:46 AM »
I can't help but wonder if somewhere in their literature, it suggests replacing the battery after say, ten years.
At any rate, thanks for sharing this tidbit here.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 11:39:34 AM »
I can't help but wonder if somewhere in their literature, it suggests replacing the battery after say, ten years.
At any rate, thanks for sharing this tidbit here.

Nothing in my manual about battery replacement or the error code 18. In 10 years I will have forgotten all this so maybe I'll find this old post and it will remind me how to fix it!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 03:18:52 PM »
Good info, might have to check the battery on mine, or at least if it hiccups I know where to start looking.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!