Computers and Software > Raster and Vector Manipulation Programs, and How to Do Stuff in Them.

DCS 2 files-Illustrator CC2018 not showing any love

(1/3) > >>

Rockers:
Is there a fix for DCS 2 files not showing in Illustrator CC2018 anylonger . Is there a different approach that can be used to output my seps created in Photoshop via Illy and not having to deal with a blank page?

Colin:
How old is your version of photoshop?

I use Photoshop CS4 at work.  I had to launch an old version of Iustrator CS6 in order to drop in my DCS 2 files.  So, I now use 2 versions of Illustrator.

I  have the cloud versions here at home, and they play very nice together.

Rockers:

--- Quote from: Colin on March 08, 2018, 08:48:27 AM ---How old is your version of photoshop?

I use Photoshop CS4 at work.  I had to launch an old version of Iustrator CS6 in order to drop in my DCS 2 files.  So, I now use 2 versions of Illustrator.

I  have the cloud versions here at home, and they play very nice together.

--- End quote ---
Our Photoshop is CC2018

Colin:
odd....

Are you placing them or doing a drag and drop?

When I get home I will play and see what happens

Maff:
I've never tried DCS files, what's the advantage?

When I finish my seps in Photoshop, I just Place the PSD file in an open Illustrator file and embed it.  Then all the channels become separate layers in Illy and each channel/layer has it's own spot color. Put it over my reg template, add any vector if needed. And then print to my RIP.

Currently I'm on the latest CC with both programs, but I used to do it the same way while on CS6.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version