Author Topic: Doable?  (Read 2745 times)

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
Doable?
« on: March 09, 2018, 08:29:05 AM »
I need to print this painting on ice blue CC shirt with text at bottom. I only have 6 heads and have accomplished some good process prints but none with this heavy of base. Any thoughts or advice please. Thanks

Offline Croft

Re: Doable?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 09:04:26 AM »
looks doable, I'm in the same boat so what I usually do is send off to Scott at MYSSEPS he is good at letting me know if I can do it or not.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 09:45:51 AM »
ubase, white, red, yellow, blue (cyan?) and black. So it's doable with six colors. I would go with discharge underbase here. There is just too much of it to come out cleanly with plastisol.
You'll have to hold some fine dots, might have to go to 45lpi to keep it clean.
Make sure it goes to somebody who knows what they are doing, so Dan or Scott or some other member here that has plenty of experience.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 10:15:07 AM »
I agree with P on this the thinner you can get the ink and still have full cover is the way to go, this to me looks more like a job for sim.  I did something like this many years ago came out really well, well at least to me LOL and my custy was happy!  Go on and knock it out Coop.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 10:18:16 AM »
Doable in 6, but youre going to have a tough time matching the pinks and grays well I think...

ubase, white, the orangey-red on the roof, the gold yellow at the top, the teal/seafoam, and black would be my suggestion.  Use black over the shirt color for the duller blue areas like the top left corner and youll have to use a lot of blending with your white to get your pinks and grays.

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 01:54:40 PM »
I decided to pass on the design. Just concerned about all the colors on base. Offered white shirt but no go :(
Thanks for the input from everyone
It would've been about 70 shirts so no big loss

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 01:59:03 PM »
I can help do seps on this as well if you want to PM me....... I can build a custom map that would look really close to this

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 11:30:38 PM »
I have never done this but possibly a white discharge base, flash and then CYMK could work?
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline SERJ

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 06:48:38 AM »
I would do, gray, white,and CMYK