Author Topic: Material with large knapp, Sweater-xmass stockings and such?  (Read 779 times)

Offline hoogie

• feel free to email hoogies@bnin.net
Material with large knapp, Sweater-xmass stockings and such?
« on: March 09, 2018, 12:35:15 PM »
Generally I try to stay away from these kinds of material.
I've got a customer that wants a smallish left chest logo on a sherpa (think of shag carpet!) sweater.
I've seen somewhere where they do like a running stitch grid about an inch all around the logo to mat the item down (color thread used, matches the garment)
Then the actual logo is sewn on top of that mat down stitch.

How do I go about getting this setup? Should I describe the above to my setup company? or is there some technical terminology that I can tell them and they just know what to do?

I've searched the forums and have found nothing on this topic.

Thanks All!
Hoogie...

Offline Audifox

Re: Material with large knapp, Sweater-xmass stockings and such?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 01:45:10 PM »
"I've got a customer that wants a smallish left chest logo on a sherpa (think of shag carpet!) sweater. I've seen somewhere where they do like a running stitch grid about an inch all around the logo to mat the item down (color thread used, matches the garment) "

Let who ever is doing the digitizing know that it is going on sherpa fleece. They should be able to make the required adjustments.(extra underlay) A lot will depend on the logo.

One thing to make note of, if you have lettering (under or around the logo) you might want to put a full fill box(or other shape) first with the lettering on top. Small lettering will for sure get lost in the fleece.