Author Topic: Wanted: Good Used Flash Dryer  (Read 1692 times)

Offline BartJY

• Verified/Junior
Wanted: Good Used Flash Dryer
« on: August 03, 2018, 11:27:37 AM »
Hi Folks,

Anyone have a well cared for Flash Dryer that you want to sell?

Let me know.

Bart

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Wanted: Good Used Flash Dryer
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 11:49:22 AM »
Bart,
where are you located and what is your budget?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline BartJY

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 01:26:24 PM »
I'm in the Charlottesville VA area.

What's my budget? I really don't know. I'd like to see what is out there before I decided how much I'm willing to spend.

Bart
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 01:34:31 PM by BartJY »

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 01:57:52 PM »
I'm in the Charlottesville VA area.

What's my budget? I really don't know. I'd like to see what is out there before I decided how much I'm willing to spend.

Bart
Flash dryers run from about $200-$3000. Bigger than you think you'll need is better than settling for smaller if possible.
Many are 220 volt.
Fancy ones go up and down or swing away with a motor, could have forced air, or can be as simple as an infra red panel on a stand.
Quality of panel can vary from Chinese Cheapies to decent stuff from Intek or BBC.
In a pinch, as was mentioned previously, a heat gun can get the job done at a hobby level.
Also, with water based inks, some have catalysts available to aid curing. The first water based inks I used were cured with a hand iron (but I was printing yardage on a big table.
At a hobby level, water based inks can be somewhat easier to deal with than plastisol with gerry-rigged albeit slow methods. (Not conducive to real production) Plastisol requires getting the entire ink level to cure temp (around 300). That is tough to do with consistency without a real dryer (sometimes even with on that's small)
Waterbased inks require driving all of the water away. But, that can also be done after a cursory drying on the press.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Logowear

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 03:15:24 PM »
I saw a nice Vastex Redflash w/ Auto Flash Base on DigitSmith, but it's in California.

http://www.digitsmith.com/vastex-redflash-w-autoflash-base-56853.html
Specialty Stitches