Author Topic: Questions for Printavo users  (Read 3935 times)

Offline Jwcontractscreen

• !!!
Questions for Printavo users
« on: August 11, 2014, 06:15:27 PM »
I have just recently started using Printavo. I like most of the features, especially the company portal, my customers can check on the status of the job without having to call and ask me.

I am having issues with printavo not syncing with my quickbooks properly. It is only syncing a few customers right now, and not the rest. I have also set up a new customer in printavo, and their info is not coming over to quickbooks. Bruce told me to disconnect and reconnect, I did that, and still nothing. I have had no communication back from him about the issue. I'm really just checking to see if it is my issue, or if others have the same problem.

If anyone else would like to share their syncing and how it works for you, I would love to know if It's just something I'm doing wrong. You can PM me if it's a bad story, I don't want to turn this into any bashing of Printavo

Justin
Contract screen printing in Northern Kentucky
www.jwcontractscreen.com

Offline Flash Ink

Re: Questions for Printavo users
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 03:28:52 PM »
We had major issues with QB syncing. We are not just a screen printer, which is one of the major problems. When printavo pushes the invoices into QB it pushes them in with a very general format which cant be used for back end accounting. So you cant classify your orders by embroidery, screen print or promo items. They go into one big pile. We had to stop the sync and we are now manually putting invoices into QB from Printavo. Its the only way that we found will work.

We like 90% of Printavo. Dont let the QB sync hold you back from using Printavo.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 08:33:32 PM »
We don't use Quickbooks so I couldn't help here but Bruce definitely can.  Shoot him a message, he's always been super responsive for us. 

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 11:25:19 AM »
Zombie Thread...

How do you guys like this program? Have they fixed the QB issue? We are currently using T-quoter and ShopVox. T-quoter's simplicity is nice, we can get to a quote in seconds but it's so archaic. Shopvox is WAY too complicated, way over the top for what we want.... We need to combine screen printing, embroidery, signs/wraps and promo stuff. We are checking out Printavo but we are not seeing anyway to have it quote signs with square footage etc....

Is anyone using this for their sign department?
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 11:59:27 AM »
We still use it with the assistance of two other apps and some api.   It keeps improving in functionality on the front end, less so on the back end.  I did just see a pop up that they are revamping the QB sync if that's a key area for you. 

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 12:49:38 PM »
Zombie Thread...

How do you guys like this program? Have they fixed the QB issue? We are currently using T-quoter and ShopVox. T-quoter's simplicity is nice, we can get to a quote in seconds but it's so archaic. Shopvox is WAY too complicated, way over the top for what we want.... We need to combine screen printing, embroidery, signs/wraps and promo stuff. We are checking out Printavo but we are not seeing anyway to have it quote signs with square footage etc....

Is anyone using this for their sign department?

This is where we are.  ShopVox is crazy complex.  Way more stuff in there than needs to be.  Hard to assign this to that and vice versa.  I just took a look at DecoNetwork.  It looks pretty good, I have a few questions that still need to be answered. We've worked around some flaws in t-quoter to make it work and I still like the program.  It's a shame that the company that bought it has done NOTHING with it.

They could have really worked to advance it, but instead waited so long to make any meaningful changes that they lost a large chunk of the customer base.  It's only a matter of time before they stop supporting it.

Offline rusty

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 12:56:21 PM »
Has any one tried Priceit?

I was told that worked pretty well. I will be talking to the people at printavo at the ISS show next week and asking a lot of these questions.

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 01:16:04 PM »
we've been using signvox for a few years, then migrated to Shopvox a few months ago, I can't use it. Just to enter a simple job takes way too long. Too complex for what we need. T quoter has the options for embroidery and signs, but it is very weak and hasen't changed in the 10+ years we've been using it.. Printavo is just about our only hope. We need the ability to combine multiple departments under one program and so far,  i don't know if it's possible or not. We had the online demo with them this morning but they didn't sound too convincing that it can be done. We have checked out so many programs, they either work for one department and not the other or are just way too complex. Shopvox can accept screen/embroidery but I can't get past the time frame for order entering...absolutely brutal

I've never been a fan of the look of Price-it, I just checked it out and it still looks too "excel spreadsheet" to me. Plus is has nothing to offer for our sign department.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline endhymns

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 02:21:54 PM »
Smaller garment / flatstock shop here and have been using Printavo for a few years. Very happy with the front end side of things, but would love to see a little push for back end development. We've cobbled together a (semi) functioning system between Printavo and Trello for managing production and input job sheets into Google Sheets which kicks to Airtable for sorting data and tracking data. I could probably do without Airtable if I were slightly more adept with spreadsheets, but this works for me for now.

Zoo, would you be willing to elaborate on the other two apps you use? I'd love to narrow down the software we rely on to the bare minimum.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 02:39:08 PM »
Printavo, Streak CRM, Google Suite, Xero Accounting

Zapier API connects it all as needed.

Streak CRM is integrated to gmail.  We use it normally for CRM but unconventionally as a production workflow gantt chart.  Printavo is missing production workflow items that can be checked off non sequentially; screens shot, inks ready, staged, etc.  Using Streak for this also gives us all kinds of deep reporting options such as the average and max color count for sleeve prints, average order size and color count and so on.   Screenshot of part of the overall chart attached.  You can do a lot with the data in this set including java script calculations within the cells.

Offline endhymns

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 06:35:34 PM »
Printavo, Streak CRM, Google Suite, Xero Accounting

Zapier API connects it all as needed.

Streak CRM is integrated to gmail.  We use it normally for CRM but unconventionally as a production workflow gantt chart.  Printavo is missing production workflow items that can be checked off non sequentially; screens shot, inks ready, staged, etc.  Using Streak for this also gives us all kinds of deep reporting options such as the average and max color count for sleeve prints, average order size and color count and so on.   Screenshot of part of the overall chart attached.  You can do a lot with the data in this set including java script calculations within the cells.

I appreciate it. I've checked out Streak a bit in the past and it felt cost prohibitive at the time, but I'll take another look.