Author Topic: Our Experience With Shopworks Onsite 8.3  (Read 9730 times)

Offline AMBRO_MFG

• Verified/Junior
Re: Our Experience With Shopworks Onsite 8.3
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2018, 04:47:10 PM »
Hey there.  Sorry for the delay in responding to your notes, I'm definitely not a competitor to Jay, we're a screen printing shop in New Jersey, AMBRO Manufacturing.  Regarding your question about QB, Shopworks Onsite 8.3 does give you the ability to write out a file for QB, but it also has an accounting package built in, it sounds like you've seen it and/or used it, in which case you already know that it can't hold a candle to QB.  (Un-invoicing) that's all I have to say to the prior and current users of Shopworks Onsite, they'll know what that headache is. 

I'm not saying QB is the be-all-end-all of accounting packages, but it is far more robust, logical and works in a traditional accounting fashion when compared to Onsite.  Our goal is not to bash anyone, simply just to warn everyone to look carefully before they step into doing business with Shopworks. 

I'm aware that when you are providing details out to the level and effort that we have and continue to do, that there may be suspicions that we are someone like Printavo or Stokkup but I can assure you that we do not sell software nor do we ever want to.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2018, 06:09:31 PM »
Hey, so with all back and forth in our Industry over shop software I can honestly say the medical field does not seem to be much better. Granted, they are saving lives and so forth and we are making goods but you would think with the amount of money involved they would have a better system. The past couple of years like today I frequently live and work out of the hospital. Not me but family stuff. Anyway, we had surgery today and there was a 3 hour delay due to files were swapped around from department to department and there is no main system to pull everything up. You would think they would have all patient info collected together but nope.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2018, 07:50:43 PM »
When I have a php/js/sql question and I search around I frequently run into people with the same issues
that are developing software for hospitals! Not exactly confidence inspiring.