Author Topic: Qt containers for ink mixing  (Read 1211 times)

Offline XG Print

Qt containers for ink mixing
« on: March 14, 2018, 05:20:36 PM »
I would like to clean up our ink storage area and get a little better organized. Where is the best place to buy the qt containers with lids. I think I would like the clear ones unless someone thinks something else is better. We are about to start mixing in house so I want to keep the costs low but have a decent container. Also some containers to mix the discharge colors in that can be tossed afterwards would be nice too. I will be mixing water base and also plastisol and storing in the containers. Thanks for your help.

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
Re: Qt containers for ink mixing
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 05:30:29 PM »
go to a restaurant supply store.  We get quart containers and lids for $65 for 500 each.

Cheap and easy to toss once you are done with them.  Our local place is called Cash and Carry, but I think that just a California spot...

Offline rusty

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 05:59:34 PM »

Offline ThePrinter

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 06:06:36 PM »
https://epackagesupply.com/1-2-gallon-64-oz-bpa-free-food-grade-round-container-t60764-200-count-case/

I know you said qt containers but I really like the 1/2 gallon containers like the link I posted. I think they look nice and clean sitting on the shelf too.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 08:59:45 PM »
I really like these. Maybe not cheap, but you get what you pay for. They hold up very well after repeated use.
https://www.thecarycompany.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=44W04W
Tees and Coffee

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 08:01:16 AM »
go to a restaurant supply store.  We get quart containers and lids for $65 for 500 each.

Cheap and easy to toss once you are done with them.  Our local place is called Cash and Carry, but I think that just a California spot...

We get our from Restaurant Depot, which happens to be 1/2 block from our shop.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 02:51:59 PM »
We use these now, but I've tried 5 other brands of the same product.  These are less brittle and don't crack as easily as all the ones from Amazon.  They will shatter if you hit them hard enough but some of the Amazon ones will crack if you look at them wrong.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/pactiv-newspring-ysd2532-32-oz-translucent-round-deli-container-combo-pack-case/128YL2532%20%20%20COMBO240.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1q3VBRCFARIsAPHJXrGhnRIn1En5_6yzDgUgvoLIEAGAfHh19KRK_ZSJPuUAd-Fw1tGQwzIaAid5EALw_wcB

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Croft

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 02:58:01 PM »
got mine at ULINE , 250 per pack of 1/2 art and 1 art like $50 a pack