Author Topic: Wilflex Epic performance LC white-your impressions please  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Wilflex Epic performance LC white-your impressions please
« on: March 14, 2018, 07:39:37 PM »
With an upcoming order of 7000 dry fit tees with 3 print positions it`s about time for us to get some low cure white ordered.
Now the regular Performance white by Wilflex has been discontinued and was replaced by the Epic Performance LC white. Has anyone here used it already and how does it compare to other low cure whites?
We have used Union`s lc whites but I`m really not so keen of all the blowing agents they use in their inks.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Wilflex Epic performance LC white-your impressions please
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 08:23:51 PM »
We've been using it, so far so good.  Has a little more stretch and slightly different on screen characteristics than the perf white.  I can't give it a ringing endorsement since I haven't been on press with it myself and we really don't do enough plastisol to say just yet but my crew has been ok with it overall.

We're curing this ink at either 290˚F or at standard plasti temps since it's also used as a UB under standard cure plasti.  Don't have a current need for 260˚F cure or whatever it can go down to.

What I like most about the LC version so far is the cure range on the high end- we aren't seeing the performance UB bubbling as much under the standard top colors when curing at regular temp.

Offline TL

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 07:18:42 AM »
Haven't used the Performance LC yet but I would stay away from the Top Score LC.  It is waaaayyy too thick and very stringy, in our experience it is not really printer friendly at all. 

Offline Croft

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 08:08:40 AM »
Haven't used the Performance LC yet but I would stay away from the Top Score LC.  It is waaaayyy too thick and very stringy, in our experience it is not really printer friendly at all.

same experience here , does work on our auto but is stringier/ thicker but has worked well on UA shirts at the 260* cure

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 08:53:19 AM »
I tried it, but I still prefer ELT white from Onestroke.  It's just like 357 but with a lower cure temp.

We just printed a job yesterday with 357 through a 225s base with a 225s highlight of regular white on a kelly green poly shirt and it looked fantastic.  We had one or two other colors printing on the white base and it really turned out great.  Thin ink film, soft hand, etc.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 11:05:51 AM »
I know you ask about Wiflex but I've been using One Strokes white ink and it's a very nice low cure ink ELT/ELT-S series and it has a little stretch to also with a cure tempts as low as 250 - 270.  Prints very nice also and not thick as some of the other low bleed inks I've used.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 11:17:03 AM »
I have a trial of Epic LC that I haven't taken the time to use because I'm afraid it won't be as good as ELT-S white. Even though it's expensive, it's hard for me to say enough good about the ELT-S. It fixed some serious cure problems we were having with fashion blends, and the look, feel, & printability is great. The only con, which drives me crazy, is that it is hard to reclaim - turns our emulsion into filter-clogging gunk. But we're printing some of the best looking & feeling whites we ever have, and shirts aren't discoloring in the dryer.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 11:25:47 AM »
We have started in on our Athletics programs for the year.

Our go to ink is the One Stroke ELT-S.  We like the S for how soft it is.  We also do a lot of performance wear and the ink drapes VERY nicely.

We run @ 250* on our Sprint 2000HO.  1 minute retention time to ensure full heat absorption by the ink.

Talking with One Stroke, the ELT inks will cure even lower.... Not gona say how low, but geebus it can go low.

Incredibly easy to print as well.  Very creamy.

I tested their new ELT-X and that was VERY opaque.  What I tested was very very easy to print.

With all of that said.... I dont know how much it would cost you to get enough ink shipped to Japan...

Oh, fyi, most Dry fit Poly seems like it gets very fuzzy to me.  Just something to look into if you haven't already :)

Just read about Prince's issues with reclaim.  Are you using a Pure photopolymer emulsion?  I have used Saati PHU and Murakami T9 with this ink and never had an issue with reclaim.  I have had issues with getting pigment out of the mesh if it sits to long however ;)
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 11:45:13 AM »
Just read about Prince's issues with reclaim.  Are you using a Pure photopolymer emulsion?  I have used Saati PHU and Murakami T9 with this ink and never had an issue with reclaim.  I have had issues with getting pigment out of the mesh if it sits to long however ;)

I may try PHU soon. Currently using Textil PV. We post expose, so I doubt undercured emulsion is the problem. Reclaim is better if it is done same day as printing, but being a tiny shop means that doesn't always happen. Using Easiway Supra in the dip tank, 701 for stain removal/degrease. I have found that we get a bit less gunk if we use 701 to remove ink, then dip, reclaim, then 701 again. But that nearly negates having a tank.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 12:36:10 PM »
We use the same chemicals.

I would try switching up the emulsion :)
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.