Author Topic: THis will make you re-think your DTG purchase........  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Ron Pierson

THis will make you re-think your DTG purchase........
« on: March 14, 2018, 07:52:47 PM »
Lots of BIG's are doing this in massive ways - keep your eyes open

GREENVILLE, S.C.—Delta Apparel announces that its subsidiary Art Gun has acquired DTG2Go, a provider of direct-to-garment printed products. The company also operates a fulfillment center that distributes products to major brands.

With the acquisition, Delta says the business will operate in multiple locations including Florida and Nevada. The company also plans to begin production at its Fayetteville, North Carolina facility to accommodate customers in the Northeast market. The acquisition roughly doubles Art Gun’s existing revenue and capacity and expands its product offerings. In addition to multi-site operations, Delta plans to change the name of Art Gun to DTG2Go and market the consolidated business under the DTG2Go brand name.

“Art Gun’s acquisition of the DTG2Go business is another example of our continued focus on areas of our business where we expect high growth opportunities,” states Robert W. Humphreys, CEO of Delta Apparel.  “We see the digital print model revolutionizing the way traditional retailers, e-retailers, and the ad-specialty industry conduct business.”

The purchase price of the company includes $16.35 million in cash and additional payments contingent on performance targets. Delta expects the acquisition to increase revenue by approximately $7 million for fiscal year 2018.

Offline JeridHill

• Verified/Junior
Re: THis will make you re-think your DTG purchase........
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 10:15:26 AM »
As frustrating as this is, and I'm with you on it, the reality is, these are large scale decorators. Art Gun typically prints for customers who have a minimum of 150 orders per day, with no minimums per order. DTG2Go requires that you have 500 minimum orders per day.

I am not a fan of a tshirt supplier provided garments to the industry and then compete with those same customers they are selling blanks to, but at least in this scenario, they are out of reach for almost every DTG printing provider.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: THis will make you re-think your DTG purchase........
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 11:35:54 AM »
Until the day we need to buy one, I will continue to contract to the vendor we know and trust.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't