Author Topic: Workhorse Mach cleaning  (Read 2396 times)

Offline heray11

• Verified/Junior
  • Howard Ray 713 344 8604 man6of10@yahoo. for svc
Re: Workhorse Mach cleaning
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 01:20:54 AM »
is this a manual press?
Experienced on Tuf olys,Javs,freedoms, Sabres elec dryers f/b and exp units
 For quoays em man6of10@yahoo.com of call 713-344-8604
   Happy New Year

Offline domineight

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2018, 06:19:12 PM »
is this a manual press?

Yes, just a regular filthy old manual workhorse mach.

Offline nobrainsd

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2018, 06:29:23 PM »
Getting an old press clean is the worst. That experience will make you clean it right away when you use spray tack on fleece!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 07:44:26 PM »
Getting an old press clean is the worst. That experience will make you clean it right away when you use spray tack on fleece!

And/or use a damn spray mask like I've been preaching since I discovered industry forums!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline domineight

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2018, 07:16:45 AM »
This thing been finished a few weeks now. Every component scrubbed clean, regreased and packed tight. A small fortune with of replacement components from workhorse, flown across the planet, man-handled and burned with customs/import fee's  ::)

I had to eat my words and take back most of the bad things id ever said about workhorse, based almost entirely on poorly maintained presses. Looked after and kept in shape these things are pretty sweet. Light weight and rock solid.

Terrific micros with new nylon rod ends installed. And zero shift when you lock the rego in, zero head droop when you undo the micro locks too once you adjust the nylock nut to a gnats dick of tolerance.

Pretty impressive really. 8/6 configuration awaiting some used heads I found to finish it off.

About the only let down is the quality of powdercoating. Just zero metal prep before the powder is blown on, to the point that it just peels off leaving raw untouched steel. Picky I know, surprised me but. I didnt expect a sandblasted base, I thought someone might have had a quick bit of a scratch at the steel with some 40-60 grit before finishing it though at least :) so if anyone else goes through the effort to bring one of these back from the brink like I did, just watch what you're doing with the aqua finish.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 07:20:32 AM by domineight »