Author Topic: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Problem  (Read 764 times)

Offline Logoman

• Life is what happens while your making other plans
Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Problem
« on: March 19, 2018, 03:56:46 PM »
I printed a job this morning with no problems. Now when I try to print a job it prints as a Negative. I am using Illustrator and when I go to print I have checked to see if the setting is on Neg. or Pos. and it is on Pos. but I have tried it on both settings and it does the same thing prints entire page as a negative. Any ideas?
Thx

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 04:58:44 PM »
double check the colors selected to make sure you are not printing CMYK

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 10:13:40 PM »
I printed a job this morning with no problems. Now when I try to print a job it prints as a Negative. I am using Illustrator and when I go to print I have checked to see if the setting is on Neg. or Pos. and it is on Pos. but I have tried it on both settings and it does the same thing prints entire page as a negative. Any ideas?
Thx

I'm assuming the job this morning is #1 and the one with a problem is #2.  If that is correct, reprint #1 from this morning to determine where the problem is at. 

If it's on #1 AND #2, then it's something in the 1400 printer itself.

If it's only on #2, then it's a file setting.  If it's only on #2 and you can't figure it out, post the file for someone to take a look at. 
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Croft

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 12:10:45 PM »
I've done this before , when in the Ai print dialogue I have accidentally hit "negative" instead of the usual positive beside "image" under separation