Author Topic: Bulk shipping question for you guys that have done fundraisers for storm aid  (Read 720 times)

Offline XG Print

I am about to run a fundraiser here to help out some storm victims at my alma-mater.  I have everything about set up and ready to launch in my store but I am trying to figure out what my absolute cheapest shipping method is going to be.  I am going to close the store in a couple of weeks and ship the shirts immediately after production.  I anticipate most orders to be 1-4 pieces.  I am assuming that USPS will be the best way to do this with poly mailers but was wondering if they have like a bulk rate if I am shipping say 1000 pieces at one time but to all different addresses.  I appreciate any info.  Thanks

Offline zanegun08

USPS with Endicia you can batch create your shipping labels with an imported CSV.

If you aren't doing bulk mailing on the regular, USPS will be the lowest cost option.

UPS Mail Innovations, or FEDEX Smart Post, which USPS delivers to the end user may be able to cut some cost, but you don't know the rates all up front (Mail Innovations), and the time spent setting up the accounts with UPS / FedEx may surpass your savings on a 1000 shipments.

USPS is the cheapest option, unless you are regularly sending out 100+ small orders per day, then you can cut costs with the other services.